Chat not working

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Hey everyone,

We are aware that the chat room is not working. We're working closely with the host to figure out what is going on. As this is the weekend it may not be back up until Monday.

Chimpie

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
New chatroom is up ;D

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Yes, and it's mobile device friendly.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I'm hanging out in the chat room for a bit if anybody wants to test it.

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
No...no luck entering the chatroom...all I get is some shadey woman's voice saying welcome..lol

It says I'm in the chat at the bottom of the emtlife screen...but that's it.

This is what it shows up in the chatroom box if that's any help?
http://emtlife.com/addonchat.php?do=popup&

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
You'll need to make sure that you have Java installed on your computer for this chat-feature to work.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Any chance of the chat link moving back to where it was? I've clicked on it about 10 times today because it is where the 'quick links' used to be.

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Any chance of the chat link moving back to where it was? I've clicked on it about 10 times today because it is where the 'quick links' used to be.

I was just looking into that.

Aidey

Awesome, it is driving me bonkers because I use "Today's posts" to refresh the forums.

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Awesome, it is driving me bonkers because I use "Today's posts" to refresh the forums.

I've moved it to the left, but not quite where it was before. I have to do some custom coding to get it to work properly and will try to get it there sometime early this week.

Aidey

Sweet thanks!

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
We should have a scheduled chart party... Tonight ;)

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
I've moved it to the left, but not quite where it was before. I have to do some custom coding to get it to work properly and will try to get it there sometime early this week.

Cool. I liked being able to see who was partying in chat back in day to see if I wanted to enter... Kinda dead in there now-a-days. My first infraction was from chat... ah... the memories... Linuss, Sasha, Silver, JP, Exodus, Rescue99, Lucid, Paintball, dominion, WarDance, Dan, NJN, Enjoynz... good times...

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I think I got in an infraction from chat long ago... I don't remember.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Not working for me. I run Mac OS current as of sep 2011 on a Mac Mini. I'll try it on my netbook running Win7 Starter.
I had to manually activate the Java applet on the Mac and got one window for my typing and another for the rest of the forum, who may not have been able to see my messages. It did not offer to let me download an applet.
OK Win7 Starter is installing applet from Java. Restarting browser. Nothing, whitescreen and "Welcome" voice.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Not working for me. I run Mac OS current as of sep 2011 on a Mac Mini. I'll try it on my netbook running Win7 Starter.
I had to manually activate the Java applet on the Mac and got one window for my typing and another for the rest of the forum, who may not have been able to see my messages. It did not offer to let me download an applet.
OK Win7 Starter is installing applet from Java. Restarting browser. Nothing, whitescreen and "Welcome" voice.

Have you gone to java.com and dowloaded and installed it?

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Yeah. I haven't used chat for months, I'll just wait it out.
Just tried it. Big blank screen.