Burned buried or poked and prodded

When I die I want my remains handled as follows.

• Burial

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Cremation

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Donate my body to science

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • If I plan it right there won't be enough left to bother with!

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters

JCyrus

Forum Crew Member
Honestly, it has always been my thought that funeral arrangements are more for the living than the deceased. If I die, all I really care about is knowing that my body will at least be "taken care of" in some manner. I will most likely leave the HOW to friends and family members. If they want an elaborate open casket funeral vs. closed casket vs. cremation, whatever helps them gain the most closure.

I am an organ donor, and I think the default response would be to allow my body to be donated to research, but I'll leave that one up to my loved ones to decide.

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
I'm an organ donor. I haven't declared anything beyond that. I'm only 31. I suppose it really won't matter to me what is done, since I won't be in this body anymore.

My Pepere donated his body to a local medical school. The end-of-life arrangements had been made when his doctor told him he only had 6 months to live. Shows what the doctor knew, he lived for 16 years after that. But, the plans were in place, and when the time came, he died where he wanted to be, surrounded by those he wanted to be there, and it just took a couple phone calls to get the plans put in motion. It went fairly well in my oppinion.

My Grandpa also plans on donating his body to that school.

I've considered it donating to that school (I worked there for a summer), but I'd rather be an organ donor first. I don't know if the school would want what's left, or if they would rather have a whole body.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Cremate what's left of me please, I hear caskets are expensive and rather ungainly. Wouldn't want my funeral on youtube or something.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Mythbusters.

;)..............

OP
OP
bigbaldguy

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Honestly, it has always been my thought that funeral arrangements are more for the living than the deceased. If I die, all I really care about is knowing that my body will at least be "taken care of" in some manner. I will most likely leave the HOW to friends and family members. If they want an elaborate open casket funeral vs. closed casket vs. cremation, whatever helps them gain the most closure.

I am an organ donor, and I think the default response would be to allow my body to be donated to research, but I'll leave that one up to my loved ones to decide.

I agree with you to a point. However having been on the family side of making such arrangments it can be very stressful to make these choices for a loved one. When my father died we had no idea what he wanted and it was one more thing for my mother to deal with and decide on. I can imagine that in some families the process could end up in arguments and hurt feelings.

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
meh,
Considering the way I live life to the fullest, the responding crew will be lucky if there is anything left to assess.
Somehow my guardian angel has always been able to keep up with me in all the hair brained stunts I have pulled.

OP
OP
bigbaldguy

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
meh,
Considering the way I live life to the fullest, the responding crew will be lucky if there is anything left to assess.
Somehow my guardian angel has always been able to keep up with me in all the hair brained stunts I have pulled.

Sounds like a number 4 with a side of chaos and mayhem :)

cynikalkat

Forum Lieutenant
cremated just like my parents were & spread in Atlantic ocean (or inlet like we did my fathers ashes).

My fiancé wants to have a Viking burial @ sea. 7 miles out, no one cares.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I heard about a C-130 pilot (We'll call him Col. John Smith) that wanted his ashes scattered from the ramp of a C-130 in flight. Well, he got his wish, except when the crew chef went to toss him out, the slipstream sucked the ashes back into the plane and got them EVERYWHERE! Knowing they would never get them all out, the named the plane the Spirit of Col. John Smith.

lol