Burned buried or poked and prodded

When I die I want my remains handled as follows.

• Burial

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Cremation

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Donate my body to science

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • If I plan it right there won't be enough left to bother with!

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
As people who see death and what leads up to it I'm curious to see how you all feel about your "final arrangements". Please answer the poll and then if you're so inclined add any details as a comment. Music you want played, food you want served Ect.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Burn me. I don't want my lifeless useless body taking up space after I am gone.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
I've made it well known I want to be used for cadaver training.

Use the money you would have spent on a funeral and have one pisser of a party in my honor.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Cremation. If for some reason someone insists on burying my ***, I demand that Alice in Chains' "Man in the Box" and "Down in the Hole" are played. LOL

Sasha

Forum Chief
Donate me baby!

I wanna be used for something cool, though.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Donate me baby!

I wanna be used for something cool, though.

If I can't be used to train the guy that cures cancer, at least let it be a plastic surgeon who's specialty is breast augmentation :D.

My luck I'll get the last place guy who docs at an LTAC though...

OP
OP
bigbaldguy

bigbaldguy

Assuming my mother is still alive when it's my time I'm going for cremation. Anyone who wants some of my ashes can have em. Family, friends, ex girlfriends, worst enemies or complete strangers it doesn't matter. I want my ashes spread as far and wide as I can get em. The idea of spending eternity in one place is as close to hell as I can picture. Any that are left over can be spread in nice urban parks where I can stick to the paws of playful pups or sprinkled in the parking lot of a nice high end grocery store where I can be tracked into the store by yuppies.
If my mom goes before I do then I want my body donated to science and then when it's done being practiced on by tired, over caffeinated med students whatever is left should be treated as above.

Sasha

Forum Chief
If I can't be used to train the guy that cures cancer, at least let it be a plastic surgeon who's specialty is breast augmentation :D.

My luck I'll get the last place guy who docs at an LTAC though...

I wanna be one of the Bodies bodies!

medic417

The Truth Provider
Donate me then whatever is left cremate. So I didn't vote as can't choose both.
Ash's scattered from a plane flying over my fans heads with the music "Another one bites the dust" playing.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
I wonder if your employer could be persuaded to spread you around...

Sasha

Forum Chief
Ash's scattered from a plane flying over my fans heads with the music "Another one bites the dust" playing.

You don't need a plane to scatter something over one person.

medic417

The Truth Provider
OP
OP
bigbaldguy

bigbaldguy

I wonder if your employer could be persuaded to spread you around...

That's not a bad idea. I wonder if they would let somebody tape a baggie of me to the tail of the plane with a little pinhole in it. ROFLOL I can just see the headlines now. "bomb scare at airport prompts evacuation, not bomb says crew, just dead stewardess"

OP
OP
bigbaldguy

bigbaldguy

OP
OP
bigbaldguy

bigbaldguy

Just FYI when they are done with your body after being donated to science they do cremate you.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Call me old fasioned but I would like to be buried lol

And at my funeral I would like the prop me up against the juke box song to be played.

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
Plastinated and hidden somewhere in the house every Thanksgiving. If that's too expensive or morbid for whomever ends up with my corpse, and presuming open-pyre cremation is still frowned upon by fire departments, composted.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I totally plan on pulling one of those stunts like from second hand lions where the two old guys try to fly up-side-down through the barn.

Ideally, there won't be much of nothing left.

After that, whoever finds what little is left of me can do whatever the heck they want with it. I could care less. Not like I need it any more.

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
Light my dead body on fire and use a trebuchet to launch me into the ocean

Or

Cremate me and then bake me into a cake to be served at my funeral

tylerp1

Forum Crew Member
With a medical history of Meckel's diverticulum at age 1 and significant idiopathic hearing loss? Have at 'er, kiddies. If it helps, so be it..if not, A for effort, right?