Brief Intro

SwissEMT

Forum Lieutenant
FNG here,

Big fan of the atmosphere which this place has, much more professional and educational than any other EMS forum. Want to thank the mod staff and admins for doing a damn fine job. I'm an admin of my own website and i know how much of a pain it is.

Anyways, I'm a 19 year old pending MA/EMT-B I will be attending college in NC in the upcoming fall. I live in Brookline, MA, right outside of Boston. I work for a collegiate service in RI. Interests including DJing, Music, Medicine, Hiking etc. I work at a little sub shop in my town part time as well. Any questions ask away! I'm a nice dude.

Oh, before I forget. I'm from Geneva, Switzerland (thus the username) and speak french fluently. I have no accent when speaking english though. Father is a doctor and my hero.

-V

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Great introduction. Welcome to EMTLife!!

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Glad to have you here!

I wish I had taken French in high school and college. Instead I took spanish, which we all know is a verrry romantic language :)

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
:) :) :) Bienvenue!!! :) :) :)

Je parle un peu du Francais, mais j'espere que vous appreciez votre sejour!!

Thanks for the compliments!!

emtff99

Forum Lieutenant
Glad to have you aboard with us.

joemt

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah... what wingnut said.... :lol:

Welcome aboard.... I agree with you, this is one of the best & most professional / appropriate EMS sites around!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Welcome to EMTlife. We put the Fun in Dysfunction

I was born in Malden, Mass, and my Mother grew up in Winchester... I was raised in Arlington, until I was 5 when my parents dragged us all down to PA to take over the family business:rolleyes:

What college are you going to in NC? we have a member or 2 in NC... and my Ambulance Lt is a student at UNC.

Jon

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Welcome for sure!! This is the premiere site for EMS folks to hang out without attitude!!

OP
OP
SwissEMT

SwissEMT

Forum Lieutenant
MMiz said:
Glad to have you here!

I wish I had taken French in high school and college. Instead I took spanish, which we all know is a verrry romantic language :)

You know, french does have somewhat of a more "romantic sound" to it than spanish, but I can state for a fact that French does not really help with picking up girls. I think it's being from an other country that did the most.

Look at it this way, in the areas in which we operate as EMS, being able to communicate in spanish is extremely valuable as we do have a huge hispanic population in this country. (largest minority if i recall) So be glad that you have that skill, mine is only useful when I'm at a starbucks and some frenchies can't order a goddamn coffee:)

Wingnut said:
:) :) :) Bienvenue!!! :) :) :)

Je parle un peu du Francais, mais j'espere que vous appreciez votre sejour!!

Thanks for the compliments!!

Merci beaucoup! Je me rejouis de pouvoir passer de bon moments ici.

(my grammar was never quite up to par to my speaking)

MedicStudentJon said:
Welcome to EMTlife. We put the Fun in Dysfunction

I was born in Malden, Mass, and my Mother grew up in Winchester... I was raised in Arlington, until I was 5 when my parents dragged us all down to PA to take over the family business:rolleyes:

What college are you going to in NC? we have a member or 2 in NC... and my Ambulance Lt is a student at UNC.

Jon

that tag line is awful! :lol:

I'll be going to Guilford College in Greensboro, NC.

Sorry that you had to leave MA, though it's not the funnest state to live in regarding laws and protocols. MA is 15 years behind everyone regarding EMS

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
SwissEMT said:
that tag line is awful! :lol:
Yeah, I know... but it is the truth... ;)

Sorry that you had to leave MA, though it's not the funnest state to live in regarding laws and protocols. MA is 15 years behind everyone regarding EMS

You must have PA and MA confused... nevermind, PA is 20 years behind ;)

Jon

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
J'aussi, Ma grammaire est mauvaise et mon vocabulaire est plus mauvais.

Ok, I'll stop now lol. I think I've maxed my french usage for the year, I never get the chance to use it. I refused to take Spanish in high school, and while it can be helpful, the dialects are usually so different from what the immigrants actually speak it ends up being wrong half the time. We also have a large population of African Americans who speak Creole, but it's so different from parisian french it's not very helpful.

I prefer Barnies...they have an Irish cream tottie that's to die for!

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Hello. Welcome to our world. Boy, you sure don't know what you have got yourself into! :p I used to not drink....then I started talking with these guys....

Oh wait...I still don't drink....well, maybe a little....only vodka....but not much....dang it...where was I...

Oh...WELCOME!!!! Glad your here. Hope you stay a while.

OP
OP
SwissEMT

SwissEMT

Forum Lieutenant
:lol: There has GOT to be a something in the water...

RebelRescue

Forum Probie
Hey good to have you..............come on in.........have a brew,don't cost nothin.......:beerchug:

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
RebelRescue said:
Hey good to have you..............come on in.........have a brew,don't cost nothin.......:beerchug:

Except your eternal soul...:ph34r:

:p