Bowers again

firecoins

IFT Puppet
We don't have enough threads on Bowers or other L.A. Based companies. Post if you heard of bowers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I respect this sarcasm.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I heard Lynch is an OK company. The only problem is that you become a member of the Lynch Mob.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I heard Lynch is an OK company. The only problem is that you become a member of the Lynch Mob.

It almost seems like they transport every patient code 3 to the hospital.

JPINFV

Gadfly
It almost seems like they transport every patient code 3 to the hospital.

It definitely wasn't like that when I worked there, of course that's before OCEMS went all crazy with their code 3/paramedics protocol. When the definition of unstable vital signs includes a respiration rate above 26, it doesn't take much to for SNF patients to become "unstable." ...and yes, given how OCEMS is with how their protocols are, I'd play their stupid game and let them win their stupid prize when I call 911 for the otherwise stable patient breathing 30/min.

"Yes Mr. firemedic. I understand that the patient is basically stable, but when OCEMS wants to treat me like an idiot, I'm going to give them what they want. Don't like it, well, complain to your base hospital and OCEMS."

"Yes Mr. Charge Nurse, I understand that the patient has been like this for the past 3 months and the family is too emotional to sign a DNR, but you see, I don't have a choice... complain to OCEMS and get it changed."

Last edited by a moderator:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I've seen them transport many times a patient who had superficial lacs to the wrist with minimal blood loss code 3. I guess there could have been more going on with the patients but nothing stood out.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I've seen them transport many times a patient who had superficial lacs to the wrist with minimal blood loss code 3. I guess there could have been more going on with the patients but nothing stood out.

Yea... that wouldn't have lasted with the management team that was there when I worked there, but I think the vast majority of them are gone.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Yea... that wouldn't have lasted with the management team that was there when I worked there, but I think the vast majority of them are gone.

But someone called 911 which means its an emergency that deserves a fast code 3 transport to the hospital right? :D

JPINFV

Gadfly
But someone called 911 which means its an emergency that deserves a fast code 3 transport to the hospital right? :D

Lynch doesn't hold, to the best of my knowledge, any primary 911 contracts. They do (or did, at least) hold a handful of backup contracts, but the only one of those that every saw any action was the Costa Mesa contract back when it was Schaefer. On the other hand, OC doesn't license any private ground companies for paramedics (Mercy Air being the HEMS provider), so any call for an ambulance not done through 911 is automatically BLS.

OP
OP
firecoins

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Post if you heard of Los Angelas

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
All I really want to know is how to get an ambulance driver's license. Why do I need to see a doctor? Why do we have to give fingerprints?