BLS and Combitube

Deltachange

Forum Crew Member
Heh, well so far that's only three states :p Although now that I think about it, with the retarded EMT-B IV level in CO a true EMT-B can't check CBG. Just the IV add-ons can.

Living in Colorado, and just getting my IV class, we discussed that, and it is no longer true. Once rule 500 expired and control of the scope was passed on, the ability to check BGL is now within the scope of Colorado EMT B's.

MediMike

Forum Lieutenant
If adequate ventilation is being done with a combi or a king with bilateral chest rise then by all means leave the BIAD in place. Taking the time to remove the tube when the medics get there to drop a ET tube could be used in better things like getting an iv set up, switching monitors if yours does not have a Manuel shock or other things like that

Your monitors manufactured in Mexico?

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

Martyn

Forum Asst. Chief
New protocol! Genius. It'll be a whole new thing, basics pushing meds up people's butts.

When I worked as a care assistant for people with learning disabilities back in the UK we were trained and authorised to use rectal valium. The pt who was prescribed this was a fairly OK individual and I often had this scary thought...what if I was out shopping with him in the UK equivalent of, say, Walmart and he went status and I had to administer the rectal valium in the middle of the food aisle? :unsure:

OP
OP
sirengirl

sirengirl

Forum Lieutenant
...what if I was out shopping with him in the UK equivalent of, say, Walmart and he went status and I had to administer the rectal valium in the middle of the food aisle? :unsure:

"Clean up on aisle 3."

:eek: