Are you in High Fashion?

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
I need to know. How many of you "match" your uniform accessories. I shall explain.

I had to buy a bunch of crap (read: supplies) for my class.

Pen Light, Trauma Shears, Stethascope, CPR Mask w/plastic case, Eye Protection were just some of the basics.

When I went shopping, the OCD in me came out a little bit and I just HAD to have them all match.

So I walked out with Purple everything.

Purple Pen Light
Handles on the Shears - Purple
Tubing on the scope, a nice shade of lavendar (very pretty)
Case to My CPR Mask, a deep purple
the frames to my eye protection - purple
and the bag to hold them all was the prettiest shade of purple I have seen in a long time.

Now, trying to replace them....and yep, still have to have them match.

So how many of you match, or do you just get all willey nilley and buy whatever with no concern for the color ( OH THE HORROR!!!)?

And on that note...does the color of your stethascope matter in regards to how well you hear out of it (actual question asked in my EMT class).....

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I bought teal as well.

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
Princess... Im with you

Purple...my 4yo neice even got me a Barney pen to match the purple non latex gloves....(thank Gods since Im allergic)

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
Sorry its Camo for me hehe. Downside is you cant find much camo anything in regards to EMS so I usually get black.

Hmmmm maybe my friends at Avery Outdoors can come up with something! Ive actually asked for a duck blind big enough to cover the ambulance so I can hunt on the job (if that ever actually happens). So far no luck, hehe :p :lol:

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
All Blue here :D

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by CaptainPanic@Dec 5 2005, 09:34 AM
Ive actually asked for a duck blind big enough to cover the ambulance so I can hunt on the job
Nice!!!

My boss at work keeps joking that he will go up on one of our parking garages at work and start picking off deer, now that firearm hunting season is on :D - I think noone would mind, either.... the deer seem to know that they won't get shot on our property, so we have "gangs" of deer that roam our property... gets annoying.

Jon

ndilley

Forum Crew Member
regular ol' black

emtbuff

Forum Captain
Usually it is what ever color scope and essentials that I grab while riding to scene in the rig.

TexasMedic

Forum Crew Member
Colors dont mater to me. I have a blue scope, orange shears, and a green pen light, looks very tacky walking around the EC, but they get the job done and thats what matters. Right?

squid

Forum Lieutenant
Safety orange if I can get it. An excellent choice for someone who leaves crap all over the place, forgets where it is, and has to go hunting.

I probably should have chosen pink, because then none of the men will ever try to pick it up... and the women treat things well if they borrow them.... JK! :D

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by squid@Dec 5 2005, 10:52 PM
Safety orange if I can get it. An excellent choice for someone who leaves crap all over the place, forgets where it is, and has to go hunting.

I probably should have chosen pink, because then none of the men will ever try to pick it up... and the women treat things well if they borrow them.... JK! :D
Don't knock it. I carried Pink Shears for several weeks of clinicals in an urban, Level I trauma center. I NEVER had my shears swiped, but most shifts I'd loose a pair.

Jon

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Dec 6 2005, 10:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Dec 6 2005, 10:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-squid@Dec 5 2005, 10:52 PM

Don't knock it. I carried Pink Shears for several weeks of clinicals in an urban, Level I trauma center. I NEVER had my shears swiped, but most shifts I'd loose a pair.

Jon [/b][/quote]
Pink... <_<

hfdff422

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by CaptainPanic@Dec 5 2005, 09:34 AM
Sorry its Camo for me hehe. Downside is you cant find much camo anything in regards to EMS so I usually get black.

Hmmmm maybe my friends at Avery Outdoors can come up with something! Ive actually asked for a duck blind big enough to cover the ambulance so I can hunt on the job (if that ever actually happens). So far no luck, hehe :p :lol:
Its camo- how in the world are you expecting to find it?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by TTLWHKR+Dec 6 2005, 12:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TTLWHKR @ Dec 6 2005, 12:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Dec 6 2005, 10:13 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-squid
@Dec 5 2005, 10:52 PM

Jon
Pink... <_< [/b][/quote]
No one EVER took them. EVER. I couldn't get rid of them.

Then I wore them at the squad one day, and one of the female EMT students really liked them. So I gave them to her. She likes me ;) :eek:

Jon

AnthonyM83

Forum Asst. Chief
Originally posted by EMTPrincess@Dec 5 2005, 05:28 AM
I need to know. How many of you "match" your uniform accessories. I shall explain.

I had to buy a bunch of crap (read: supplies) for my class.

Pen Light, Trauma Shears, Stethascope, CPR Mask w/plastic case, Eye Protection were just some of the basics.

When I went shopping, the OCD in me came out a little bit and I just HAD to have them all match.

So I walked out with Purple everything.

Purple Pen Light
Handles on the Shears - Purple
Tubing on the scope, a nice shade of lavendar (very pretty)
Case to My CPR Mask, a deep purple
the frames to my eye protection - purple
and the bag to hold them all was the prettiest shade of purple I have seen in a long time.

Now, trying to replace them....and yep, still have to have them match.

So how many of you match, or do you just get all willey nilley and buy whatever with no concern for the color ( OH THE HORROR!!!)?

And on that note...does the color of your stethascope matter in regards to how well you hear out of it (actual question asked in my EMT class).....
Muahahaha. I NEED to see a picture with all your purple gear on, ready to go! lol :)