AMR Victorville

CTMD

Forum Crew Member
Hey all, I'm new to here and just got hired with AMR Victorville. I've been an EMT for over a year now but worked in LA and got so sick of it that I decided to head east into the Inland Empire. Anyways, how is the Victorville division of AMR? What is the call volume like, how is management, how big of a difference is it working there vs LA (in regards to scope of practice)? I know the protocols, but I'm curious to see what its really like for those in the field. Thanks

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Ehhh protocols for the EMT level are pretty standard everywhere in SoCal. The protocols for ICEMA as a medic are actually very good for being a system in CA. LA is what we like to call a "Mother may I" system, meaning you have to call the hospital in order to do a lot of things. ICEMA is more of a "Hey, I did this" system.

avdrummerboy

Forum Lieutenant
^^^ that ^^^ lol

Victorville is pretty busy, as with all AMR, it is what you make it. The running joke is that after 5 years either you're done with AMR or they're done with you. AMR management is traditionally the biggest *****ing point that people who work there like to talk about. Other than that, good division, you'll certainly keep busy.

In terms of ICEMA vs. other counties, not a whole lot of difference.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Good change in tactic....

Better responses this way.

OP
OP
C

CTMD

Forum Crew Member
Awesome guys, thanks for the replies! What is the part time schedule like there and do they just do ALS or are there BLS rigs?