"Ambulance drivers" union negotiations.

Clipper1

Forum Asst. Chief
USW is a trade union. No need to be upset since that was the EMTs and Paramedics decision to be represented by a trade union which really does not know what or who you are and don't really care to be corrected. They focus on the wage contract and not the profession.

Last edited by a moderator:

Farmer2DO

Forum Captain
As a journalist, this guy can do better. He needs to learn about what he's writing before he writes it incorrectly.

Clipper1

Forum Asst. Chief
As a journalist, this guy can do better. He needs to learn about what he's writing before he writes it incorrectly.

Most of what he wrote were direct quotes from the union reps. Unions do a press release like this during negotiations with the threat of a strike. The ambulance company will counter with their on and so on and on.

OP
OP
Amberlamps916
Anyone know of any new updates regarding AMR Redlands/Rancho and their union negotiations?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Anyone know of any new updates regarding AMR Redlands/Rancho and their union negotiations?

I've still been hearing "they aren't going too well".

OP
OP
Amberlamps916
I've still been hearing "they aren't going too well".

As if waiting long for an internship wasn't bad enough, this possible strike in those divisions is getting in the way of starting as well.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
As if waiting long for an internship wasn't bad enough, this possible strike in those divisions is getting in the way of starting as well.

I guess negotiations are supposed to start back up on Monday for them.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Why would you guys get a raise.?

All the AMR divisions in a local area have to keep the same yearly pay. If one division gets more per year than the others, everyone would try to transfer to that division.

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
All the AMR divisions in a local area have to keep the same yearly pay. If one division gets more per year than the others, everyone would try to transfer to that division.

Is that a actual rule if just word of mouth? I know what you mean though. That would be nice

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Is that a actual rule if just word of mouth? I know what you mean though. That would be nice

I've heard it from sups, managers, and payroll. It makes sense tho.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

My state is a perfect example of this not being the case.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Your local divisions (as in divisions that are literally right next to each other) have vastly different yearly pay?

Yep. Several thousand dollars differences.