ABC's of being an EMT!

Scout

Para-Noid
A- AIRWAY
B- BREATHING
C- CIRCULAION

D- DISABILITY
E- EXPOSE & EXAMINE

F- FUBAR ( F***ed/Fouled up beyond all recognition/repair)
G- GONE

Paranini

Forum Probie
Okay.... I hope this doesn't offend anyone.... (please don't yell at me)...

BUT, since I live in the DC area here, we have one of our own sayings here... (both the poilce and fire use this term) and we joke on CAD about it...

DWA - Driving While Asian

I live in Cali and we have the same saying along with HP-hispanic panic. I don't think its racist or makes someone a bigot when you notice social or ethnic trends. We have stereotypes for a reason, people fit them.

Sorry, had to get that out. Back to acronyms!

gillysaurus

Forum Lieutenant
Since its ok to call medics douchebags

EMT-Empties Medics Trash

Another one I heard in Basic class...

EMT-B: Empty My Trash-(female dog)

It's not the same when you can't type out the last word!

GR1N53N

Forum Probie
Okay.... I hope this doesn't offend anyone.... (please don't yell at me)...

BUT, since I live in the DC area here, we have one of our own sayings here... (both the poilce and fire use this term) and we joke on CAD about it...

DWA - Driving While Asian

Actually, I do find that offensive.:sad:

QueenEmt,

why would you post something that you know ahead of time will offend somebody...

everyone can make a mistake, so perhaps you could apologize to anyone you may have offended...

I hope you're all kidding. Having many asian friends, and witnessing some quality (sarcasm-dripped for extra taste) asian driving, we can all (my [asian] buddies and I) agree that DWA is a chronic condition of any multicultural urban centre.

Oh, and an acronym that was homegrown in my service for our more bull:censored::censored::censored::censored: calls:

BBC - Big Baby Call (I know it's way more PC than a lot of these, but it works for us)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Of all these necro threads resurrected here,this one is by far the most hilarious....I think I just 'liked' a post from 2008.....

RedAirplane

Forum Asst. Chief
More serious.
Always
Be
Careful

Helpful. When in doubt
Fall back
And
Re
Think

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
ABC is ambulate before carry. I don't know where y'all got airway, breathing, circulation from... ;)

MedicSansBrains

If it's the PC police then I'm not home.. got it?
we here, can only go by what you say... if you want to change your tune, that's cool.
You should quit your job and join the PC police