A 'lil Dizzy

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Have been giving only 12mg doses for the four years (so go the guidelines) and that anecdotally makes for some more climatic changes.
Huh you are the first place I know of starting right off with 12.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Huh you are the first place I know of starting right off with 12.
My county has been starting off with 12 mg for at least the past 8 years.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
My county has been starting off with 12 mg for at least the past 8 years.
Huh....I vaguely remember reading about it a long time ago, but pretty sure it's not common in an of the two regions I work in. Definitely gonna be looking more into it.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Based on the adenosine discussion, I’m curious how many providers load the adenosine into a 10 ML flush and push it that way versus the two syringe/stopcock method which seem to be so popular in initial training.

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
Based on the adenosine discussion, I’m curious how many providers load the adenosine into a 10 ML flush and push it that way versus the two syringe/stopcock method which seem to be so popular in initial training.
I have the blood 'Y' set for all of my patient's with the squeeze bulb thingy so I go closest port and squeeze the s**t out of the bulb. Also go straight to 12 mg.

OP
OP
Tigger

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I just pinch, push, and squeeze the bag.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Now that I will and have done.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
For approx. 5 years our area did 12mg Adenosine only (12, 12, 12). I never had to give it. Last 2 years they went back to 6, 12 and 12 and I have had to give it 3 times since. 6mg has worked all 3 times for me. Prior to that 6 mg only worked once, I had to cardiovert * 2;
When I was BLS and driving a medic in I converted a lady in beautiful SVT when I hit Railroad tracks doing 50 that I didn't know were there. Medic told me great job fixing the lady and almost causing him to need to change pants.