2nd Attempt Next Week

MusicForLife55

Forum Probie
I passed my retake!!

Congrats to you!! That's awesome! I just re-tested yesterday, and it's a fail again :sad: I did improve my score quite well, but not good enough. Any tips on how I could prepare myself better? I focused mainly on studying my text book and the workbook that came with it. What are some good websites where I can purchase good practice tests?

Anjel

Forum Angel
Congrats to you!! That's awesome! I just re-tested yesterday, and it's a fail again :sad: I did improve my score quite well, but not good enough. Any tips on how I could prepare myself better? I focused mainly on studying my text book and the workbook that came with it. What are some good websites where I can purchase good practice tests?

emtb.com is the site I used to study the night before. I thought the test was fairly easy. You just have to find a study method that works well for you.

Also if you or someone you know has a droid phone. There is a awesome app on there for the NREMT with 500 questions.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Ah, good luck. What have you used for studying? I'll see if I can find my book I used for it

The CBT is not what it should be for testing means. I have to retake my Paramedic CBT. Tis all BS ;)

You wouldn't be calling it BS if you passed it!

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I passed EMT and Medic first try... I still call the NR in its current form BS and stupid.

Hockey

Quackers
You wouldn't be calling it BS if you passed it!

If I ever do pass this stupid thing, I will still continue to call it stupid. The practical was good I think. But the written could be improved on so much more. Michigan has a decent setup plan when they dump the NREMT next year it looks like. Its not all about the money for the state, but they see they can do a lot better job than the NREMT is doing.

skills82

Forum Crew Member
I passed EMT and Medic first try... I still call the NR in its current form BS and stupid.

Linuss your just special, but those assessment tests (agree/disagree) get you. I hated taking those tests.

Anjel

Forum Angel
If I ever do pass this stupid thing, I will still continue to call it stupid. The practical was good I think. But the written could be improved on so much more. Michigan has a decent setup plan when they dump the NREMT next year it looks like. Its not all about the money for the state, but they see they can do a lot better job than the NREMT is doing.

I think that will be good for testing purposes. But I have a feeling a lot is gonna get screwed up for people in limbo that need there CE's and don't need to recertify again for a couple years.

Idk how it all is gonna be set up though. I think the NREMT is a poor way to judge a student's knowledge.

So hopefully Michigan will have something better.

ArrowGrad02

Forum Crew Member

I used two study guide books. 1.) REA's Interactive Flashcards, 2.) Learning Express EMT_Basic Exam. Hope this helps you and Good luck!!

8jimi8

CFRN
wear yellow or red.

eat some light salty snacks before you go... like some chips or something, nothing too heavy...

an attitude of annoyance before you go in will also key up your left brain.

remember:

1 stupid answer, 1 wrong answer, 1 right answer, 1 RIGHTER answer.

eliminate the two wrong and pick out the one that is MOST correct

ABCs.

ArrowGrad02

Forum Crew Member
wear yellow or red.

eat some light salty snacks before you go... like some chips or something, nothing too heavy...

an attitude of annoyance before you go in will also key up your left brain.

remember:

1 stupid answer, 1 wrong answer, 1 right answer, 1 RIGHTER answer.

eliminate the two wrong and pick out the one that is MOST correct

ABCs.

Also eating something with peppermint stimulates better thinking!!

slavendrew

Forum Ride Along
I still have to wait 6 more days before I can apply to take it again, so it will be a couple of weeks. I did the same thing, I studied for weeks straight and could barely eat as well because I was so stressed. Sleeping was also really difficult. I just need to relax this time and not let it freak me out. Let me know how it goes on Monday! I'm sure we will both pass :)

I am stressed, I just took the NREMT-B exam for the second time... waiting on the results...

Mr. Ryther did not help at all....Terrible teacher in my opinion... Yea i recognized your pic haha!

But hey good luck to you!