14 year old on traffic patrol

firecoins

IFT Puppet

medic417

The Truth Provider
Wonder how many want a be's fake themselves onto ambulances?

mikie

Forum Lurker
I'm sorry but I find that kinda funny. How did the other officer not notice his partner looked probably 20 years younger?

So for you guys know, your partner at work could be another 14y/o playing paramedic!

Reminds me of a movies from the 90's about a kid who was a cop...forgot the name B)

OP
OP
firecoins

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I'm sorry but I find that kinda funny. How did the other officer not notice his partner looked probably 20 years younger?
I thought the story was hilarious.

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
the cop didnt even spark up a conversation...like how long have you been an LEO, how old are you, you look really young? that really is ridiculous though

OP
OP
firecoins

firecoins

IFT Puppet
the cop didnt even spark up a conversation...like how long have you been an LEO, how old are you, you look really young? that really is ridiculous though

We don't know that exactly. It was probably the partner who figured it out. I couldn't imagine being a cop and suspecting my assigned partner was a fake. You figure the seargents who signed out the radio and the rest knew what they were doing. I don't get into long conversations with EMS partners. Sometimes we don't talk for hours.

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
Yea... A seasoned officer gets tricked by a 14 year old boy!?? Into being his partner!!??

This is absolutely one of the strangest things I have ever heard. The boy deserves some credit being that savvy.

"So hows the wife?" "Oh, you mean my very first crush in middle school? She sits behind me in pre-algebra." "Oh oh very nice to eat his own"

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
We don't know that exactly. It was probably the partner who figured it out. I couldn't imagine being a cop and suspecting my assigned partner was a fake. You figure the seargents who signed out the radio and the rest knew what they were doing. I don't get into long conversations with EMS partners. Sometimes we don't talk for hours.

My partner and I argue. And argue and argue. Im very liberal and he is very conservative and we are both stubborn. We go at it for hours. Its quite stimulating and good natured and I don't think he would work with anyone else.

OP
OP
firecoins

firecoins

IFT Puppet
My partner and I argue. And argue and argue. Im very liberal and he is very conservative and we are both stubborn. We go at it for hours. Its quite stimulating and good natured and I don't think he would work with anyone else.

I prefer to sit in silence. There is no more waste of time than arguing about politics.

You know some the 22 year old rookies look like they can be 14.

medic417

The Truth Provider
You know some the 22 year old rookies look like they can be 14.

I actually got in trouble for telling a young new cop to give me his gun because it was not safe for children to play with guns.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I actually got in trouble for telling a young new cop to give me his gun because it was not safe for children to play with guns.

yeah.. I blurted out one time... Look.. it's a baby troop! I don't think the pink cheeked, barely shaving state trooper who looked like he was wearing Daddy's uniform heard me.. I hope...

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
yeah.. I blurted out one time... Look.. it's a baby troop! I don't think the pink cheeked, barely shaving state trooper who looked like he was wearing Daddy's uniform heard me.. I hope...

Ha! Gotta love our WA state troopers, eh?

Second

Forum Lieutenant
If I am clean shaven and keep my hair cut I look like I'm 16-17 (I'm really 23) I can kinda see that happening but still the conversation and the pitch of the voice would raise a few questions for me, I thought it was funny tho. :rolleyes:

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Wait until the wrinkles and gray hairs arrive, clears that problem right up.

imurphy

Forum Captain
With beard, I look my age. I shave, I'm carded buying cigarettes! Some people just look young.

But fair play to the kid! Funny!

OP
OP
firecoins

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Not only that, but where did he get a matching PD uniform (with the patches and all)? and his belt? did he carry a 9mm?

Not all uniforms have actual badges. I have seen variations of PD uniforms without one.

I doubt he had a 9 MM. Although it is not unheard of that some cops may not have their gun on them. If he didn't call attention the lack of a weapon, it may have just gone unnoticed.

After his tour was over, a ranking officer became suspicious of the boy. Police said the officer discovered the teen was not a real police officer when he couldn't produce any credentials. The boy was wearing police-issued pants, shirt, vest, sweater and skull cap, police said.

He was missing his police star, but that was not discovered until after he returned from traffic patrol. Police said the 14-year-old's partner on the traffic assignment did not recognize the boy was underage.

The source said the boy had an empty holster and a newspaper in place of a ballistic vest in his vest carrier.

I wonder if the sweater covered where the badge went. I guess my theory about the partner making the discovery was baloney.

Last edited by a moderator: