FDNY EMS Candidates

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
Anybody else in te 200's on 5003 get intake letters??

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Morning everyone,

For those waiting to find out the next academy start date, we had the Chief speaking to our TOP class yesterday and he mentioned July 13th as the next incoming group of candidates. Though I'm sure dates are subject to change this will give you a good idea as to the next TOP class.

Good luck everyone.
That's great new thanks !! Hopefully that is an accurate date on his end lol

True42

Forum Crew Member
Also in that same TOP class that the chief spoke to. July 13th was that date. Confirming what Kettlebell said. I wish the rest of you guys the best on 4004 & 5003. Don't get in any trouble! It's a lot of hard work but worth it!

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Also in that same TOP class that the chief spoke to. July 13th was that date. Confirming what Kettlebell said. I wish the rest of you guys the best on 4004 & 5003. Don't get in any trouble! It's a lot of hard work but worth it!
Did he happen to mention the class size ?

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Quick question. For the intake interview I have notarized letters for periods of unemployment stating who supported me and signed by myself and those people, but are there any other things that you need notarized letters for? I just want to make sure I give everything in correctly. Everything else I have is in order.

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Quick question. For the intake interview I have notarized letters for periods of unemployment stating who supported me and signed by myself and those people, but are there any other things that you need notarized letters for? I just want to make sure I give everything in correctly. Everything else I have is in order.
Make sure u have a notary stamp them , u'll need notarized letters also if u were involved in a car accident, terminated from a job , maybe more but that's all I know of if ur missing anything your investigator will give u a list of things the day of

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
I wonder if it is possible they complete the list after July. What you guys think? Then get started on 5003 for October!

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Make sure u have a notary stamp them , u'll need notarized letters also if u were involved in a car accident, terminated from a job , maybe more but that's all I know of if ur missing anything your investigator will give u a list of things the day of
Thanks if your laid off but not terminated would you need it notarized?

Hunter118

Forum Captain
He didn't.. But look at it like this, if it's the same as what we're doing now then expect a 120 split. Hunter118 you've been waiting for a while; hopefully you're in there!
Thanks bro I hope so too ! Only thing that concerns me is the fact that my investigator hasn't spoke to me since intake after I got all the documents in that she wanted but I completed and passed everything

True42

Forum Crew Member
Thanks bro I hope so too ! Only thing that concerns me is the fact that my investigator hasn't spoke to me since intake after I got all the documents in that she wanted but I completed and passed everything

Hey man! That is the norm! No news is good news. They will definitely call you for anything they need! They called me 3 weeks from this academy to get what they needed! Don't fret. You guys think the wait is hard?? Ha!! Wait until you get in & realize you can still get fired if you fail a test. The anxiety is unbelievable! 13 test, a class final & state test (That you can't take over), CPR test, PEDs test, Practicals, scenarios, EVOC.. Although the instructors are great at teaching and pushing you. They do not play with academics. Do well!

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Hey man! That is the norm! No news is good news. They will definitely call you for anything they need! They called me 3 weeks from this academy to get what they needed! Don't fret. You guys think the wait is hard?? Ha!! Wait until you get in & realize you can still get fired if you fail a test. The anxiety is unbelievable! 13 test, a class final & state test (That you can't take over), CPR test, PEDs test, Practicals, scenarios, EVOC.. Although the instructors are great at teaching and pushing you. They do not play with academics. Do well!
Thanks for the advice bro !! Can't wait

Ron536

Forum Crew Member
I know the letter for the physical said to wear gym clothes underneath street clothes. I was just curious to know from the people that have taken the PAT already did you all wear suit and tie or did you go more relaxed khakis and a button down shirt or polo or did you all just wear jeans. Sorry if its a silly question but i know not dressing properly can put you in a hole early.

Mugs89

Forum Captain
No need for a suit and tie, or even khakis. The PAT is like chill, just be ready for the stair master and the drug test.

Ron536

Forum Crew Member
No need for a suit and tie, or even khakis. The PAT is like chill, just be ready for the stair master and the drug test.
Thanks cause i was gonna wear suit and just have my sneakers in a bag until it was time for the PAT