You're Crazy

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
I work for a private ambulance company, and one of our regular types of transports is to take someone from a hospital ED to a mental health institution for further evaluation and treatment.

I have an iPod and an adapter that lets me play it through any car radio. I have compiled a special playlist of songs to play whenever I'm transporting a psych patient. :D (I haven't actually done it yet, but...I might!) The playlist includes:
  • Guns N' Roses - You're Crazy
  • Beyoncé - Lost Yo Mind
  • Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train
  • Fine Young Canibals - She Drives Me Crazy
  • Seal - Crazy
  • Queen - Stone Cold Crazy
  • Metallica - Stone Cold Crazy (their version of the preceding Queen song)
  • Scorpions - Crazy World
  • Pink Floyd - Brain Damage ("The lunatic is on the grass...")
  • Ramones - I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Red Rider - Lunatic Fringe
  • Aerosmith - Crazy
  • Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love
  • Ozzy Osbourne - Psycho Man
  • Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
  • Buck Cherry - Crazy :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:
So does anybody know any other songs I could add to this list? I've tried to find every song that mentions being crazy, psycho, or a lunatic, even if it's not really the main point of the song, or if the song has that general meaning without really using any of those words.

OP
OP
JJR512

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
Umm...Are you thinking of a particular song, or just the singer in general because she's so whacked out of her mind? :)

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
OP
OP
JJR512

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
I already have the Seal and Aerosmith songs in the original list. Of the other ones, I have the Britney Spears and Willie Nelson songs on the iPod, but for some reason I didn't put them in the playlist. I'll take a listen to them to see if I like them enough. I'm surprised I don't have the Simple Plan song, though. I've never heard of Dream (that I know of).

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
Lol Dream is an interesting band...very small...Not well known at all..I only know of them because their managers daughter went to elementary school with me.

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
There's always "Somebody's Watching Me" by Rockwell.

Another one that isn't as overt is "Pablo Picasso" by Citizen Cope; it involves a mentally ill homeless man who gets violent when the cops show up. Might sound familiar to a few people on here.

"Climbing up the Walls"- Radiohead. Very good song, based on Thom Yorke's experience working in a mental health institution.

If you can stand a bit of psytrance, there's "Deeply Disturbed" by Infected Mushroom.

There's a NIN song for every psych patient, ranging from "Hurt" for attempted suicides to "Big Man with a Gun" for the more violent types.

"Lithium"-Nirvana

"19th Nervous Breakdown"- The Rolling Stones

I think that's about it from my library. Have fun!

rgnoon

Forum Lieutenant
Don't forget the other pink floyd classic "shine on you crazy diamond" one of the many allegedly written about their own crazy founding member syd barret. Now that was one lunatic who was definitely on some grass....among other things....but a genious no less.

Last edited by a moderator:

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Basket Case by Green Day
Wild Thing - Jimi Hendrix version

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Crazy Mary by Pearl Jam

BBFDMedic28

Forum Crew Member
None on the crazy subject but I have always wanted to play "another one bites the dust" on a DOA call. Dont know who sings it but i think that would be funny

OP
OP
JJR512

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
That would be a Queen song, and I like that idea. :)

sucked-in

Forum Ride Along
Ooh, ooh! Pick me!
Let Me Go Crazy on You, by Heart
Mama Weer All Crazee Now, by Quiet Riot
Voices, by Ozzy
Also, the beat in Another One Bites the Dust is the perfect rhythm for chest compressions. I sing it in my head during CPR. Just have your partner count for you.

JPINFV

Gadfly
"I Wanna Die" by Miranda Lambert

OP
OP
JJR512

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
Thanks!

I've added "Somebody Kill Me" by Adam Sandler from The Wedding Singer. Also "Psycho" by Puddle of Mudd from their new album Famous. I wanted to add "Crazy On You" by Heart, coulda sworn I had it, but I don't. I'll work on getting that.

Sadly, now that I work for a critical care service, I no longer transport psychos. :sad: But I still maintain the playlist (which, incidentally, is named "Full Moon Fever"--all my playlists have enigmatic names like that :D) for old time's sake. :) So keep any new suggestions coming! B)

Arkymedic

Forum Captain

JPINFV

Gadfly
You might as well throw in "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" then as well.

sucked-in

Forum Ride Along
Well, since you seem to have the Queen thing going on...
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Madonna - Crazy For You
Skid Row - Psycho Love, Beat Yourself Blind
3 Doors Down - Down Poison
Straitjacket Feeling from the new All American Rejects album
Blink 182 - Aliens Exist
Breaking Benjamin - Breakdown

MEDIC213

Forum Crew Member
Welcome Home (Sanitarium) - Metallica
Crazy Train - Ozzy
Paranoid - Ozzy