Your Thoughts..

abc123

Forum Ride Along
So, I'm 17 years old, EMT-B course completed, but not NREMT certified because of my age, almost 18 and ready to take the test though, and persu the paramedic program. My question is, do you think it'd be a bad idea to wear an EMT shirt (I got for free, but really like). Now, theres no law against wearing a normal tee-shirt, just cause it says emt on it, but as EMT's/Paramedics yourself what are your thoughts?

Sorry If this has been talked about before, I just saw this forum and thought to ask.

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
So, I'm 17 years old, EMT-B course completed, but not NREMT certified because of my age, almost 18 and ready to take the test though, and persu the paramedic program. My question is, do you think it'd be a bad idea to wear an EMT shirt (I got for free, but really like). Now, theres no law against wearing a normal tee-shirt, just cause it says emt on it, but as EMT's/Paramedics yourself what are your thoughts?

Sorry If this has been talked about before, I just saw this forum and thought to ask.

Not the best idea, because people that are in the industry will make fun of you. If employees or management for local EMS employers see some kid walking around in a shirt like that, they will make a mental note not to hire you.

Now, wearing professional organization apparel like anything form the NAEMT, if they even have apparel, is fine. That is promoting our industry.