Your first code

Swimfinn

Forum Crew Member
What happened and what did you do afterwards?

I just threw up...haha:blink:

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Never bothered me in the slightest.

I showed up, did what the medics said and thats about it.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Medic internship, pressed on the chest, popped an IO, gave some meds, got really hungry after we stopped, and went home when it was time to.

OP
OP
S

Swimfinn

Forum Crew Member
Does it make a difference that I'm not even outta high school yet? I was bagging for the medic and was in charge of vitals once she stabilized.

NJEMT95

Forum Lieutenant
Does it make a difference that I'm not even outta high school yet? I was bagging for the medic and was in charge of vitals once she stabilized.

My first code was when I was 16. Kinda just did everything without even thinking. The family was extremely calm and the guy was obviously dead for a while. Didn't really affect me.

Not sure when this happened, but send me a message if you need to talk through anything that happened.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I was 14. I did CPR, they intubated and pushed a lot of meds, and afterward I asked a lot of questions.

I was hooked.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief

Job well done son.

ZnqQ5.gif

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
You said you did vitals once she was stabilized, implying that she is still possibly amongst the living due to your actions.

No sarcasm, I meant what I said. Strong work.

OP
OP
S

Swimfinn

Forum Crew Member
Ah ok I apologize. I'm used to a gif after a post like that being fecicious.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
and occasionally factitious.;)
1980, I was alone in the back of the Cadillac ambulance with the pt and his wife (!) and started CPR. Continued in hospital until the doc said "Anything else you can think of?".

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
and occasionally factitious.;)
1980, I was alone in the back of the Cadillac ambulance with the pt and his wife (!) and started CPR. Continued in hospital until the doc said "Anything else you can think of?".

Found a picture of you that day, thought I would share.

lambtonambulance-b.jpg

:lol:

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

ca896774.jpg

The F-104's of ambulances.

Last edited by a moderator:

the_negro_puppy

Forum Asst. Chief
First code?

48 year old guy dropped in the bedroom at home with wife and teenage kids. VF arrest, shocked 7 times nil rosc. Worked him for about 40 minutes. No dice.

Did compressions for about 20 minutes, worked the defib. ICP backed us up and dropped a tube and we were having trouble with airway (copious vomitus) pushed adrenaline, amiodarone, sodium bicarb.

You always remember the first one

MexDefender

Forum Lieutenant
A possible stroke victim in his 80s. It just happened today...

Rapid transport, had to do CPR, and than the doctor called it after 20 minutes in the ER while I was still doing compressions after I stopped it felt unreal. It still does...

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
My first code was ...---...

Asclepius911

Forum Lieutenant
First code was cva hemorrhagic stroke from lumpy road, only in LA will you find pot holes in trafficated street.... I will never forget ICP, text book came to life that moment, projectile vomit, seizure, unequal pupils, thready pulse. That happened in my first week at the job. My coworker and I kept him alive through transport, longest 7 minutes of my life. We made it to the negative extreme of the statistic with its low survirship rate.