Young kids having babies.

medic417

The Truth Provider

MagicTyler

Forum Lieutenant
I don't write the laws. But in most states a female that is pregnant is considered an adult and can make all medical decisions for herself and her child.

I've heard this about a million times, but I can't seem to find a state where this is true...

redcrossemt

Forum Asst. Chief
In some states, you become "emancipated in regards to the pregnancy". This means that you can make health decisions about the pregnancy. However, no state emancipates minors just based on the basis of pregnancy. A court order is required for that.

medic417

The Truth Provider
They are emancipated as to medical care. This is why in many states a girl can get an abortion w/o ever telling her parents.

Any other child not pregnant walks in wanting medical care and the parents have to be called before the doctor can touch them, other than implied consent for life threatening injuries.

medic417

The Truth Provider
OP
OP
A

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief

medic417

The Truth Provider
i know right. JERRY! JERRY!

And now another report I saw says three other boys are claiming to be the daddy. Wow. Straight out of white trash TV.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
I see and work with the results of "free range males" every single day.

They don't support their offspring, babies are for women. Ther next paycheck is to attract more women.

Monogamy is far, far more than a means to put your mate off limits to others, it's a means to dedicate one's life and time to another...not another, and another, and another, and another. Parentage of these kids becomes hazy and they are raised without material and social advantages their peers have, they often develop difficulty attaching to adequate male parental figures,

Monogamy is also how you pin down financial responsibility, establish lineage for inheritance, and hence can conserve and accumulate wealth and property. (Yeah, I passed Soc 210 also, "The Family In History" or some such;) ).

Finally, if monogamy is a societal norm, often the norm is broken because there is a flaw in the individual. Not always, but "where there's a beer (or a bong) there's a way".

Veneficus

Forum Chief
They don't support their offspring, babies are for women. Ther next paycheck is to attract more women.

Absolutely, you can find the exact same behavior in all high order primates. But the modern society works the same way. Buying a lady a drink, taking her to dinner, it's mating behavior. When a male gives enough resources, including attention, there is mating. Some require more resources than others over a longer term.

Monogamy is far, far more than a means to put your mate off limits to others, it's a means to dedicate one's life and time to another.

a romantic concept, certainly not a biological one.

Parentage of these kids becomes hazy and they are raised without material and social advantages their peers have, they often develop difficulty attaching to adequate male parental figures,

Is there another primate that attaching to male parental figures is part of the behavior? Some adult males will even kill younger males or offspring of another. Please do not confuse my biological comparison with a cultural one.

Monogamy is also how you pin down financial responsibility,

That is a value of western and some eastern cultures, there are other modern cultures where selling females (for reproductive rights) is the standard behavior and financial responsibility is a burden until it can be transferred by the transaction.

establish lineage for inheritance, and hence can conserve and accumulate wealth and property. (Yeah, I passed Soc 210 also, "The Family In History" or some such;) ).

Soc 210? So you are refuting my examples of biological behaviors with values and components of a society, which in which your free range patients are not a part of?

Finally, if monogamy is a societal norm, often the norm is broken because there is a flaw in the individual. Not always, but "where there's a beer (or a bong) there's a way".]

it is not a norm, it is an imposition of a idealistic behavior. I can understand that people want to have a high ideal of what homo sapien or homo sapien sapien really is, but personal conviction, beliefs, ideals, or even behaviors and values practiced by your culture or social group doesn't make it a biological norm or even a shared belief. As such it doesn't make the behavior morally wrong. But it may simply conflict with your belief.