You know you are an EMT/Paramedic when...

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Did a slow rolling stop, looked both ways, and rolled right through, just like in a real ambulance!

Didn't flash my brights, honk the horn, or toggle my interior reading lights, so technically I guess I was code 2? Who knows...there is a lot of gray in the Texas Traffic Code...

I just got pulled the other day for blowing a stop sign in my car. I slowed, I looked. This is exactly what I was thinking when the cop asked what the reason was I blew the stop, but I just said "I'm not making excuses, I wAsnt paying enough attention." And he let me off with a warning.

Phew.

medictinysc

Forum Crew Member
waiting for the light to change

You run a red light on the way home from work in the morning, because you ran so many calls the during the night you forgot you needed to stop!

Its even worse when you sit at the stop sign in front of work for 10 min's waiting for the *****mn thing to turn green, and then worry the cops will pull you over if you run the "redlight"

That's tired, been there done that,,, 2.5 years of MEDIC class

medictinysc

Forum Crew Member
huh

...... when a 5150 pt goes awol in the ED and the entire security team rushes in, and you just sit out side the ED and continue to reassemble the gurney.

5150???? crazy, or ETOH pt?

medictinysc

Forum Crew Member
When you park your POV, you try to depress an emergency brake that isn't there, shift into park via a steering column shifter that isn't there, and turn off a battery switch that isn't there.

totaly been there..

medictinysc

Forum Crew Member
More like when you look at the AED in the mall and move quickly in the other direction.

Anyone else ever ran the monitor in automatic mode during a code and thought to yourself "No kidding!" when it starts squawking "Perform CPR!" ?

that leads creedance to "theres an app for that"

medictinysc

Forum Crew Member
When you are asleep in the back of the truck; and the shift changes; your out going partner tells your incoming partner where you are.
You wake up and go to the bathroom and when you come back out you watch your truck and partner drive away to go post.

When you go tell dispatch to bring your truck back because they forgot something; and they look at you and ask why.

Happened while I worked 3 weeks straight. 24hr a day
\

Tell dispatch that your partner is not a super medic...... They CANNOT drive and do pt care...

Scruit

Forum Probie
When you go to put your car into drive and rip off the turn signal stalk.

Friend of mine did that to his wife's sedan because he thought he was in his truck.

Rettsani

Forum Captain
- when you will be awakened by your partner on scene after a run with sirens.....

I've learned never fall asleep on station in our ambulance. :unsure:

NBFFD2433

Forum Crew Member
When you read a technically termed med journal and you know what a myocardial infarction is. True story.