Xenforo Tips & Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Since we updated the forum platform, most of the tips and tricks of the old forum no longer apply. I've created this thread to help point out some of the new features.

If you have any questions or problems, please post them in the Suggestions, Feedback and Forum Questions section.

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Getting too many alerts?

You can customize which alerts you receive by clicking on the Alert Preferences at the bottom of the Alerts dropdown.
alerts.png

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
How do I change my other preferences?

Hover over your username (tab) and a drop down menu will appear. Look around to see if anything needs updated.

usernametab.png

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader

Having an avatar can personalize your identity. Here's how to add or change yours.

Hover over your username (tab) and a drop down menu will appear. Click on Avatar.

An avatar editor screen will appear. Click on Choose File, then upload the image you would like to use.

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Additional Personal Information

This morning I added custom userfields to your post badge. Your location and training level will be displayed, if you chose to enter that information in your profile.

postbit.png

If you wish to edit or change this information, here's how you do it:
Click this link to edit your personal details: http://emtlife.com/account/personal-details
Then scroll down to the fourth section and the details you wish displayed. If you don't wish for them to be displayed, leave them blank.

details.png

At this time, only the Location and EMS Training fields will be displayed in your post badge. This information is also displayed in your profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.