Would this make me a total whacker?

ki4mus

Forum Crew Member
I originaly bought 3, one was distroyed and another was tossed after a call that I would rather forget....so until next march (when we order agian, after the current EMT class is over) I only have the one.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
S

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
you can always pick up a generic state EMT patch to affix to the jacket...? I have a generic uniform that has a state patch and an NREMT patch on the other sleeve. Good to wear if volunteering for a private event or disaster outside of a private company. I have one only because I'm not affiliated with any company... but I volunteer with a few other EMT's at some events

Thank God my jacket doesn't have patches. The companies are in different states... and one state doesn't even take NREMT.

If it did have patches, though, I'd set up both sets with velcro strips or snaps so I could switch them. :)

karaya

EMS Paparazzi
Premium Member
There is a false sense with many EMS providers that the community(s) they serve "embraces" their service since they are there to "save lives"; so naturally who wouldn't support their local EMS? However, they would be shocked to learn just how little the community in fact does know about the existence of such services and not to mention just what services are provided.

Top that off with everyone dressed like they're going on a picnic or looking like five or six other EMS services just responded with the cocktail of uniforms on the scene. Dressing accordingly is just a small part of good PR that can add up and go a long way to promote EMS within the community.