Working in Qatar

WailingBanshees

Forum Probie
Still here. The call center is fairly busy. There are breaks and all, but it isn’t a very studying kind of environment. Breaking it down, you have call-takers (dual language, plus some extras thrown in) who do PROQA processing 999 medical calls. You have dispatchers that operate one of the main frequencies each. We’ve got a few... people above them.

9600 isn’t bad... say 1800JD or 2600USD per month. Housing provided. Depending how you live,... if you hop rides, buy a Toyota or a Cadillac... but that is doable for about 1400 paramedics and dispatchers...
Thanks for the reply mate, Yea that's how we used to do it in UAE but we had a lot of downtime between calls, I want to ask and i'm not sure if you have an answer, are the computers we operate on locked down? as in, can we browse stuff or watch stuff while on shift (especially night shift) or are these locked down? don't think i can survive a shift with a locked pc i'd get bored out of my mind. is it strict?

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Wait- did you say they’re only paying $2600 USD a month? For a dispatcher?

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Probably based upon country of origin
OCNs and such sure, but dutemplar is an AMCIT and I do believe he was made to work in dispatch for a while. Perhaps I am mistaken.

Wailing is Jordanian. I’m not sure of the going rates for Jordanian EMS folks, so whether that’s a good gig, I don’t know.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
I just saw a listing for SA CCT medics for Qatar through Global Medical on FB, advertising interviews in Cape Town.

Did something change? I thought the company was Hamad who provided EMS.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Global Medical has always been one of their recruiting companies. It's who recruited me in 2014 or so

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Roger

dutemplar

Forum Captain
The dispatcher / ambulance paramedic (EMT-I kinda) is roughly $2600/month, give or take, plus housing, etc. Give or take, that's not my pay grade. It seems to draw quite a few recruits from the Phillipines, Tunisia, Jordan, Morocco, India,...

My time at the comm center was there as a critical care paramedic, the standard CCP package, just a different assignment.

Global Medical Recruiting handles a lot of recruiting, it's how I came on board also. Hamad Medical Corporation runs the public healthcare for the country, Ambulance Service is one of those "divisions." Primary recruiting seems to be SA, they tried Canada with minimal success, but I haven't seen or heard of US attempts for a while.

dutemplar

Forum Captain
You had a good run. This is just the nature of contracting.
I hate to bring back ancient threads but HMC is recruiting again AND I have permently, finally left Qatar in January 2023.

The executives are extremely toxic. Working conditions are NOT as advertised and brutal. The system is extremely nationalistic, and has seriously degraded from 2015. They currently only try to recruit SA’s for on-the-road CCPs and some Brit’s for VIP service.

10/10 do not recommend unless you’re in your low 20s and just want a 3 year multinational experience. Salaries have degraded, expenses are crazy.

Anything else, I’ll gladly answer via PM.

KR040383

Forum Ride Along
I hate to bring back ancient threads but HMC is recruiting again AND I have permently, finally left Qatar in January 2023.

The executives are extremely toxic. Working conditions are NOT as advertised and brutal. The system is extremely nationalistic, and has seriously degraded from 2015. They currently only try to recruit SA’s for on-the-road CCPs and some Brit’s for VIP service.

10/10 do not recommend unless you’re in your low 20s and just want a 3 year multinational experience. Salaries have degraded, expenses are crazy.

Anything else, I’ll gladly answer via PM.
Hi

I am unable to pm I hope you can cause have few questions regards HMC as they are currently recruit in UK for a special operations team response paramedic with military experience and your wise words might be very precious.

Thx

KR040383

Forum Ride Along
Qatar Paramedic

Hi Armor 10,

Paddy here, I am currently in my final year of my Bsc(hons) Paramedic Practitioner programme in the UK. I have just fully registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) in the United Kingdom. My Dad has recently relocated to Bahrain to work as a Consultant Paediatrician and he is head of the unit there. I have been out to him 3 times now , and was lucky enough to spend a week with the Paramedics in his hospital. They offered me a job on the spot but advised me that Qatar and Abu Dhabi are more well established with a better life and pay. I saw your post and the terms of living and working are very very exciting and appealing.

The salary of a UK paramedic is about 30,000 pounds and the standard of living isn't obviously as high. Ireland are suffering heavily at the moment with debt and there is no real future for me as a paramedic in Ireland at least for thte for-seeable future.

I really enjoyed Bahrain and I am looking for that king of challenge. I was wondering if you could give me more of an insight as to where you have come from and how you ended up in Qatar? I can see that a lot of people went to Saudi first but opinions seem to be varied with some people stuck there and obviously the strong cultural beliefs no alcohol or pork. I have a colleague who worked there and he seemed to like it but he won't talk about it much?

After driving in Bahrain I am aware of their pinball driving attitude , not wearing seatbelts and if allah intended them to die then so be it. "Enshalla!!

Also you mentioned that you are a critical care paramedic? Is that the same meaning to one in the UK? Capability of RSI, high risk transfers, CPAP etc? I am only at the very bottom rung of my exciting start to the career of a paramedic but I plan on joining the HART team in the UK for 2/3 years or the Coastguard Helicopter (and I have applied for these).

Kind regards,

Paddy.
Hi Paddy

Just seen you mentioned you have done some shifts in Bahrain.
How can I apply for a paramedic position there?

Regards

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Hi Paddy

Just seen you mentioned you have done some shifts in Bahrain.
How can I apply for a paramedic position there?

Regards
That member hasn't even logged in here since 2015 so good luck in getting an answer.