Working for Acadian Ambulance. Anyone?

kindofafireguy

Forum Crew Member
I can't remember exactly what med he was pushing, but he made a grave error in his drug calculations (used 1mg/kg instead of 0.1mg/kg) and pushed it. Doc was there when it happened. Nothing ever really came of it that I heard though.

This was just one in a long line of mistakes though. Eventually, it did catch up with him. Just not on that occasion.

Frozennoodle

Sir Drinks-a-lot
Always heard Acadian had deep pockets, they pay more than most private ems around here. A jobs a job and experience is never bad. If you get it great for you, move on when you find another opportunity that suits you better!

Acadian goes in, promises the moon, pays great, attracts all the medics worth attracting, undercut the local privates till they are out of service, and then :censored::censored::censored::censored: everyone over. Once they have a market monopoly the pay rate drops, prices go up, and no one wins.

They have a terrible reputation here and their medics are some of the most arrogant inexperienced people in the area. They like to hire young new basics put of school and mold them in paramedic boot camp for six months.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Acadian goes in, promises the moon, pays great, attracts all the medics worth attracting, undercut the local privates till they are out of service, and then :censored::censored::censored::censored: everyone over. Once they have a market monopoly the pay rate drops, prices go up, and no one wins.

They have a terrible reputation here and their medics are some of the most arrogant inexperienced people in the area. They like to hire young new basics put of school and mold them in paramedic boot camp for six months.

What area is this?

I don't believe in 9 years my pay has ever gone down. It actually goes up every year as does the base pay.

medic550

Forum Crew Member
I see they are offering 7500 sign on for baton rouge la area. So ive heard good and bad things. Is that not a good area to work in? They were holding interviews up in OH this week.

Frozennoodle

Sir Drinks-a-lot
You won't do 911 up there iirc. EBR EMS handles that for east baton rouge. Not sure about the rest. The pay rate isn't the greatest. If you go to the New Orleans you'll make around 19-20 as a paramedic. If you're dead set on moving down here to work with them send me a pm and we can talk more about it. I'm from the area.

feldy

Forum Captain
Acadian does a lot of 911 backup in the New Orleans Area and has a lot of 911 contracts with the surrounding parishs. The City probably has the highest pay for basics and medics, but a lot of city employees have come from acadian.

Metro EMS News

Forum Crew Member
Acadian EMT position

I applied online for an EMT-B position. I have not heard anything from Acadian. Does anyone have suggestions on how to proceed? Should I call them, or is there any insider advice on hiring?
Thanks!

BayouMedic10

Forum Ride Along
saw that alot of people on here looking for info on acadian.

I work with Acadian in the Captial Area (east n west baton rouge and surrounding area)......Been here for about 3 years as a Paramedic. I work in the rural areas not in the city. Feel free to message me with questions.

Overall I enjoy it, not perfect but the positives out way the neg.

And Yes our area is giving $7500 sign on bonus. Come on board and take some of this Overtime money away from me its starting to overflow my bank account lol...