Working for Acadian Ambulance. Anyone?

dcolbert3

Forum Crew Member
Would love to hear from anyone who has worked for Acadian to let me know their views on them. Have an interview with them on Tuesday and sounds promising so far! Thanks!

OP
OP
dcolbert3

dcolbert3

Forum Crew Member
Humble,Tx. I'm moving to Houston

ITBITB13

Forum Lieutenant
I've heard many good things about them. I am considering moving out to Texas, and that's where I would like to work. Any info would be appreciated!

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
If you need a job do it. I worked for them really didn't like it. I would be very scared if one of there medics tried to save me

You have your good ones and bad ones, just like at any other service. I've met some medics there that make me cringe, but have met many others that are very good at what they do. There aren't a whole lot of services out there that have an entire system full of stellar medics.

kindofafireguy

Forum Crew Member
Case in point, in an area I worked, we had a medic literally kill a patient in front of a doc and still keep his license. And he became an FTO.

It happens everywhere, even in places that aren't private.

Metro EMS News

Forum Crew Member
I'm moving to the Houston area soon. Would you share if you have been hired, and your experience thus far?
On the surface, Acadian seems on par with other providers in the area.

OP
OP
dcolbert3

dcolbert3

Forum Crew Member
Have my second interview with operations on Friday. Was supposed to be Monday but the recruiter had to reschedule. So far the Texas acadian division seems promising here.

Had to wait for the second interview because I didn't have my texas card yet. So that's why it has taken so long.

Metro EMS News

Forum Crew Member
Its great to see them begin interviewing with your TX card not yet in hand. Sounds like they work with you, which is more than I can say for some other providers.
Best of luck on the interview.

txmedic5

Forum Probie
Always heard Acadian had deep pockets, they pay more than most private ems around here. A jobs a job and experience is never bad. If you get it great for you, move on when you find another opportunity that suits you better!

OP
OP
dcolbert3

dcolbert3

Forum Crew Member
Well I had another interview today with a private ems called city ambulance service. They run 24hr shifts and seem like a good place to get experience. So I'll decide after Friday morning lol.

FoleyArtist

More murse than medic now...
hey not trying to thread jack but since we are on the subject of houston, does acadian do the 911 for houston? i was interested in finding a job in the houston area. I was looking into ETMC out of pasadena, tx which looks way close to houston but not sure if they operate throughout?? can anybody educate me on ems in houston? thanks

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
hey not trying to thread jack but since we are on the subject of houston, does acadian do the 911 for houston? i was interested in finding a job in the houston area. I was looking into ETMC out of pasadena, tx which looks way close to houston but not sure if they operate throughout?? can anybody educate me on ems in houston? thanks

Houston FD does the city proper EMS calls. Acadian I think does Humble and a couple other smaller cities close to it.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
EMS in the city of Houston is provided by Houston FD. There are other departments in suburbs and smaller cities inside Houston that provide 911 in their own communities. I do not believe Acadian is one of these departments.

mct601

RN/NRP
I have a friend working for ETMC, he seems to love it. I did student rides with Acadian and have friends with them. They're better than say, AMR.

Frozennoodle

Sir Drinks-a-lot
Case in point, in an area I worked, we had a medic literally kill a patient in front of a doc and still keep his license. And he became an FTO.

It happens everywhere, even in places that aren't private.

So he shot him in the head or what?