WHOOOOOO!!!!

Rangat

Forum Lieutenant
I was at the University of Johannesburg today, and did PT the whole day as selection... and I got ACCEPTED!

Bachelor Tchnicae is the longest, most comprehensive Paramedic course in the world today. And I and 29 other ppl are on it!!!!

Jippee

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
congrats!

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Congrats

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
:D :D :D Sounds Great! Congratulations!!! :D :D :D

ndilley

Forum Crew Member
congrats!!! what exactly does the program entail??

OP
OP
Rangat

Rangat

Forum Lieutenant
Hey.

Well. It's a four year course, then you get a degree and am a Paramedic.

The selection Ratio is about 0.1%, and the other 3 Universities who have this course only give you a diploma after 3 years.

CURRICULUM SUBJECTS
First year
Emergency Medical Care I, Medical Rescue I, Anatomy and Physiology I, Basic Science I , Emergency Services Technology I .

Second year
Emergency Medical Care II, Medical Rescue II, Physiology I, Psycho-Psychiatric Emergency Care I , Primary Health Care I, Emergency Service Communication I.

Third year

Emergency Medical Care III, Medical Rescue III, Pharmacology I , Primary Health Care II, General Pathology, Emergency Service Administration I

Fourth year
Emergency Medical Care IV, Medical Rescue IV (Research Elective), Research Methodology I, Educational Techniques, Management Practice I.

There is Physical Training 3x a week, military style. lol
But nonetheless- I look forward...

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Wow sounds intesnse, do you have to be an EMT-B before you start?

PhillyMedic

Forum Probie
so after 3 years and all of those classes you get a degree, and are only a paramedic...not knocking ya, but there are much better things to do with that time. Why not just get a degree and go to medical school.

OP
OP
Rangat

Rangat

Forum Lieutenant
You don't have to be BLS or ILS to start. But it helps.

And yes, it 3yrs Diploma (Paramedic)
and 4yrs Degree (Paramedic)

you can do your Masters as well.

If I've done my BTech, I can challange the medical course and skip to 3rd year.
And yes, it's very intense, you go to class in uniform shirt and combat pants, and the ppl done with NDip are automatically one of the best Paramedics in the world.

60ppl in first year and 12ppl in third year... :( I's gunna be hard. but i'll try to nail it. :rolleyes:

ImCubanB

Forum Probie
Wow that sounds brutal. Youre a better man than me....:rolleyes: