Who uses IPads in their Ambulance?

MMM Medic11

Forum Probie
Alright, so our squad is looking in to getting IPads for each of our four ambulances. Is anyone currently using IPads or heard anything about them?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Yes. We use them. Active 911 for dispatch and iPCR for charting. It's okay. It's nice to have a charger that fits my phone too. :)

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
What are these iPad things that you are talking about. They sound like some futuristic device that is worn as glasses. In all seriousness one of the neighboring counties uses them. They seem to like them, but there were the normal rollout issues, with them not working properly but that I imagine has been worked out. Haven't seen them recently as I've not had many transports off base to interact with them.

OP
OP
MMM Medic11

MMM Medic11

Forum Probie
Yes. We use them. Active 911 for dispatch and iPCR for charting. It's okay. It's nice to have a charger that fits my phone too. :)
Thanks! We currently use EMS Charts and are going to use sync pad but we have active 911 for dispatch. What don't you like about them or would change?

OP
OP
MMM Medic11

MMM Medic11

Forum Probie
What are these iPad things that you are talking about. They sound like some futuristic device that is worn as glasses. In all seriousness one of the neighboring counties uses them. They seem to like them, but there were the normal rollout issues, with them not working properly but that I imagine has been worked out. Haven't seen them recently as I've not had many transports off base to interact with them.
Hahaha...yeah they are pretty fancy. What do you use?

OP
OP
MMM Medic11

MMM Medic11

Forum Probie
That's what we use now. My fear is they will be to big and bulky and another thing to carry but we will see.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Thanks! We currently use EMS Charts and are going to use sync pad but we have active 911 for dispatch. What don't you like about them or would change?

Honestly? Nothing. They're fine. Easy to use and work without an issue. Compared to the POS Toughpads I used in DE, these are a blessing.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
We use them for our community paramedic program. Active911 for mapping, ESO for charting (finally got the update last month), and we have the ability to collect payment from patients using a square. Even with a rugged case they are still waaaaay cheaper than a toughbook. The ambulances currently use Motion tablets which are alright but super durable. Also cheaper than toughbooks.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
At my last FD we used iPads. On the ambulance almost exclusively for the ePCR software, and it worked pretty well. The department was smart enough to buy protective cases, though about the only time they left the ambulance was to go with you into the hospital. The software was the great part though, open it up and it showed a blank form, formated almost exactly like the paper forms, tap on a section and that part would blow up to fit the screen and you would put in all the info, tap a button and go back to the form and see all your changes now on it, so it was about as close to filling out the paper form as I've seen an ePCR get. Kinda wish we still had them at my current service lol (though the Toughbooks and ePCR on those aren't the worse I've seen and is still fairly simple, I've seen some really complicated e forms out there)

SpecialK

Forum Captain
MDT and ePRF are based on CareMonX customised for our locality by Valentia Technologies and run on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1" with 4G