whats the time frame in reapplying somewhere?

LifeSaver

Forum Ride Along
Just curious what you guys think the time frame is in reapplying to an ambulance company which you got no response from? Do you recommend a phone call after submission of application?

Epi-do

I see dead people
You could always call the company, ask to talk to the HR person and let them know you applied at such-and-such time and were wondering how long they keep applications on file. Then, reapply a month or so before they would pull your app from the file.

Every company is different. Unless you call and ask them, you have no way of knowing how often you should apply. And, calling to ask will also put your name in their head again. Who knows, maybe you will get a call for an interview shortly after that.

omak42

Forum Crew Member
Just curious what you guys think the time frame is in reapplying to an ambulance company which you got no response from? Do you recommend a phone call after submission of application?

From what Ive come across usually its either 6 months or a year. Ive never had to find out first hand, but I know some friends who have been "let go" from AMR and they were told they could be considered "rehirable" under certain circumstances after 6 months. Some places Ive heard will go longer, but it always depends on why you were let go in the first place.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Depends... If they post a new position that is the same title as the one you haven't heard back from you can just apply for that one. If it's a company that continually takes applications and doesn't post positions... I'm not sure