Whats in your bag??

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
CURRENTLY there is my scope, pen light, shears and there's an O2 key attached to the zipper, yes it's pink. my car charger, GPS, Critical Care Pocket Guide from INFORmed, extra hairties, $80 and a resealable bag of cheezits and a bag of sour patches I didn't get into yet.

However, I'm curious as to why a couple people take underwear with them to work...

Just in case I need fresh underwear. If I do take a shower after work before going home, it is nice to have all clean clothes to wear home. BUT aside from that it's SOP atm y service to have a FULL set of spare clothes in your car whenever you're on duty.

VCEMT

Forum Captain
And what are we having today?

Today, I had some white peaches, bananas, apples, mango slices, meatloaf sandwich, BBQ beans, Goldfish Crackers, cold sansai udon, and Pop Rocks.

Tomorrow, I work a 72. I'll just, take a whole roast, some rolls, oatmeal, and a bunch of fruit.

I gots me a big bag.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
I work where it can flood.

...so I stuff stuff into my trunk and transfer to my backpack. Dry shoes and socks can mean SO much after a long shift, and ditto clean clothes during rain. Food, also, we are out in th sticks and have had our dining hall shut down.

I keep my CERT personal kit and "go-bag" materials in my trunk as well.

I have listed my bag contents and will be happy to re-enumerate if you send an email or a shrubbery to me.B)

Medic One

Forum Lieutenant
Right now I have a IPOD charger cord...PB&J...granola bar, and crystal light....I don't carry a jump bags or 1st in bag that is my own..and if your a guy most people call them man purses....lololo

EMTinNEPA

Guess who's back...
However, I'm curious as to why a couple people take underwear with them to work...

We actually had a medic poop his pants while on shift before. It wasn't pretty...

In my bag...

DVDs
Stethoscope
Cell Phone Holster
Pager
Holster for penlight/trauma shears
Portable Radio and Holster
Carabiner with tape on it
Glove Pouch
GPS
Ibuprofin
Cell Phone Charger
Pens

I think that's it... occasionally I will bring my laptop to work.

SurgeWSE

Forum Crew Member
CURRENTLY there is my scope, pen light, shears and there's an O2 key attached to the zipper, yes it's pink. my car charger, GPS, Critical Care Pocket Guide from INFORmed, extra hairties, $80 and a resealable bag of cheezits and a bag of sour patches I didn't get into yet.

Just not something I'm willing to go without if things get rough. Example being, thanks to the weather here in the dirty south last weekend, I found myself doing 8 hours of swift water rescue and citizen assists out of the back of the ambulance thanks to the sudden rains. I have never been happier to have an extra pair of boots and a pack of socks in my locker.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Well I suppose it's good that you carry udnerwear and aren't going commando.

JonTullos

Forum Captain
Surge - where are you from? I'm near Meridian, Mississippi.

In my bag I carry:

Scope
Beef jerky, nabs and sometimes some nuts if I feel like it (sometimes I don't)
Three sets of undershirts, boxers and socks (I work 48s mostly so it's a must)
Bottle of water
Celly charger
Hospital employee handbook
Various other gadgets that I might take with me at any given time.

medic417

The Truth Provider

Sasha

Forum Chief
I don't carry an extra pair of underwear, because I can only afford one pair. Thankfully almost all the skid marks come out when I scrub it in the river

:excl::excl::excl:

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape

Same reason as everyone else. Sometimes I go straight from the station to an office where everyone wears suits, or straight to class. Smelling like I've just spent all night sweating is seriously not cool, and I can't afford to lose any source of income just yet. So, I shower and change everything first.

But Linuss has it right. I don't actually wear the underwear... I just carry them because I can. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

dewd09

Forum Crew Member
You carry underwear in your jump kit?

Is that in case someone who is in a crash, wasn't wearing a clean pair of their own? Ha ha. Get it?

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Um, dewd, I don't think anyone was talking about what was in their jump kit!

dewd09

Forum Crew Member
Um, dewd, I don't think anyone was talking about what was in their jump kit!

I was being sarcastic, and was hoping that would be picked up on. I guess I expected too much out of you. It won't happen again. Sorry.