What would you do?

bearmedic

Forum Probie
Hello i am pretty new to these forums bit had to ask what I should do. I was recently put in a spot that I am unsure of, here it goes. I started working for a new BLS transport service in my area ( doesn't pay great bit when you haven't worked in over a year it's something). After a few weeks there our DO up and left and me and a partner would be named his replacements. I don't have a lot of experience in this and am currently in school for my medic. I really like working on the truck but as my wife puts it I am not getting any younger, and need to think about what to do when I am done with school. I guess my question would be, should I stay and be a truck backup and do the Director thing or stay on the truck for more experience until school is over? I have worked in supervisory positions before( last job I had working in a dairy) what would you do?

Sent from my iPhone using T

JPINFV

Gadfly
DO?
Director of Operations?

Anjel

Forum Angel
if you don't feel comfortable doing it. Or don't think you can with school and stuff then politely decline.

If you decide to force yourself to do it out of obligation and fail miserably. Then what happens to your job?

I'd rather keep my job then be forced to do something I don't have the time or skill to be doing.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Two guys to do one job?

Pass. Someone's handing you the bag.

JPINFV

Gadfly
School comes first, as Anjel said, if it's going to interfere with school, don't do it.

You say you're new. Do you have the most experience there, being it's a new company? Experience isn't everything, but as director of operations, part of your job is going to be being one of the final judges on whether actions, both clinical and non-clinical, were appropriate. Do you feel that you have the experience to determine what is appropriate actions, what is an understandable mistake, and what is an inexcusable mistake?