What was your last call?

Hockey

Quackers
Million page thread incoming but just would like to have some fun

Mine was a seizure, 1.5 weeks ago. Prior to that was the 1 mo/old arrest

Last time I was in the back on a call...

May

They think because I have experience I can work with new people

Then again, I pretty much tell them what to do anyway even when I'm in the front. Its sad

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
re

Last night pronouncing a 51 Y/O male after he was sent home to expire with Metastatic CA

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
62 female ETOH stumbled home from her car, which was observed to have minor front end damage. She admitted to three glasses of wine, and claims no recollection of driving home, only being at the bar, and walking into her home. Cincinatti neg. 12 neg. BGL WNL, A&O, V/S WNL, PE unremarkable, neg complaints. Pt refused txp initially. We told her the cops wanted to collar her. The cops would then force her to go with us anyway. She agreed to txp after some time, and was puut in bracelets at the hosp. after transfer anyway(failed field sobriety test by LE).

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Tx of 2mo M from Childrens to another nearby hospital using the NICU truck. So I drove and the nurses had all the fun. I didn't even do L/S.

That was... early May?

Last edited by a moderator:

PapaBear434

Forum Asst. Chief
Mine was last Saturday. A seven year old that was hit by a pickup truck, which the driver fled the scene from when dad came rushing outside when he heard his son yelp.

Broken femur left side, and busted ankle on the right. Lots of abrasions. But he'll be fine, except for the nightmares of an F-150 barreling down on him.

I'm working a 48 hours or more over the weekend of the fourth, so I plan on having all sorts of nice stories after that one.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
40 yom, hyperglycemia @ 476. baseline DMII, recent non-compliance to Rx, diet control. VSS, BPs 130s systolic, pulse low 90s. A&Ox4, complaints of dizziness and double vision. Unremarkable transport.

That was 2 weeks ago... since then, chauffeuring around brand new EMTs.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Wednesday afternoon. Paged for a 50 y/o M, abd pn. On scene found pt had distended and hard abd, chest pain, hx of hip replacement last month, no hx of heart. Moniter showed sinus w/ regular unifocol PVCs with occasional irreg. PVC couplets. I saw one run of three PVCs. Total of probably 15-20 PVCs per min. Didn't come back L&S but we sure were pushing it a little.

gillysaurus

Forum Lieutenant
7 y/o attempted suicide with knife to throat. Didn't actually cut himself... Hx of 5 previous suicide attempts (first one at 3 y/o), violent outbursts against parents with knives, sexual assaults on siblings... So sad. This certainly wasn't his first hospitalization. And the weird thing is he was very compliant and sweet during transport.

Last edited by a moderator:

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
This am about 09:30ADT. 52m syncopal episode. Got up from having breakfast and fell to floor w/o injury. Brief loss of conc.
U/A pt supine on floor, bright red blood, on floor from rectum, (and smell). Pale, cool, diaphoretic, C&A x 3, b/p 78/58, hr 64(thought it would be higher), 4L = NSR, BGL 11.6mmol/L. Abdo soft non tender. Est blood loss 200cc-400cc. Quite a bit on the floor and in his clothes.
Meds: asa, lipitor, metformin.
Phx: T2 diabetic, hi Cholesterol. No cardiac, no resp. no GI hx. No operations.
Tx: 250cc bolus NS.
Results of Tx. b/p 96/68, hr 80, color came back and skin non diaphoretic.
Hosp tx: pt put on pantaloc. Doing fine and no more bleeding.

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
73 y/o female, fall post CVA, C-2 fracture with airway compromise and altered mentation. Outlying hospital to Trauma center.

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
30 something year old dude, hx of suicide attempts, probably OD. Found with thick brown vomit on face and shirt, airway comprimised, agonal resps of 4-6.
I ventilated with BVM until partner got IV and orders for 30mg of Etomidate, and Versed. I tubed, secured, verified, and off he went. Wasnt my treat. I got the fun, and none of the paperwork. :p

That was Tuesday. I'm on vacation now. B)

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Stabbing with intestinal evisceration.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
last attended, 30 something with an anxiety attack at 0300.
last transport, chest pain.

AusMed

Forum Crew Member
Paed cardiac arrest, deceased on scene.
Time to start days off now, thankfully.

Melclin

Forum Deputy Chief
On last clinical placement a couple of months ago:
7yr F, 10cm laceration diagonally across the wrist. Massive bloody thing, but no tendons, nerves or arteries hit. Could see the radial artery pulsing inside the wound, and the tendons moving when she moved her fingers- she looked like an anatomical model. So lucky. We get to the ED and the Doc lets us assist in the suture, twas awesome ^_^. Managed to gaff the sterile procedure in front of 5 observing doctors= embarrassing :blush:

downunderwunda

Forum Captain
48 Year old male with an inferior infarct. Chest Pain 2 days unrelieved