What type of service do you run?

What type of service do you primarily run with?

• Private ambulance service

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • County/City ran ambulance service

• Paid FD

• Volly FD

• Safety/Security department

• Other

• Total voters

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Since we've had a bunch of new members I thought I would start another poll.

If you select other, please explain.

Thanks for contributing.

:D

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
I picked "other" because I can't select more than 1 in the poll... I have Volly FD, and a County/District Volly Ambulance (they're about 14 miles apart and serve different constituents).

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm in a bit of a pickle myself. I am paid volly, but not FD. Resuce and fire are spereate here. Then again, we are a private service that serves the city. The city doesnt give us money for anything. :ph34r:

rescuecpt

Originally posted by Phridae@May 4 2005, 01:58 PM
I'm in a bit of a pickle myself. I am paid volly, but not FD. Resuce and fire are spereate here. Then again, we are a private service that serves the city. The city doesnt give us money for anything. :ph34r:
By paid volly, you mean it's one of those "$10 for BLS calls, $20 for ALS calls" type of deals? Paid by the call but you have the option to ride the call or not?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I said Security, because this week I'm here 56 hours. Last night I finally was released at my one squad to be a "crew chief" and am now fully responsible for killing my patients. I can't pass the buck up the chain, except to the medic.... :rolleyes: :D

I work Wed, Thurs, Friday 07-23, then spend Sat 09-13 at the volly sqauad for a college graduation standby, then spend that evening at the sqaud running sat. night 1st out truck.

My main EMS component is the vollie squad that gives out points that are good for Galls bucks.

My main work is the security department, where I get to play EMT about 1x every 2 months.

Jon

emtbuff

Forum Captain
Okay I choose other because we are considered a volley squad but yet we get paid. We have some links through the City but most we are ran by our own department.

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by emtbuff@May 4 2005, 03:07 PM
Okay I choose other because we are considered a volley squad but yet we get paid. We have some links through the City but most we are ran by our own department.
I would select volly then.

Dang, didn't mean this to be confusing to everyone. Should I just delete this? :(

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
Originally posted by rescuecpt+May 4 2005, 02:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rescuecpt @ May 4 2005, 02:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Phridae@May 4 2005, 01:58 PM
By paid volly, you mean it's one of those "$10 for BLS calls, $20 for ALS calls" type of deals? Paid by the call but you have the option to ride the call or not? [/b][/quote]
No, I get one rate for a call, less if I dont transport. A bit more for a transfer from one hospital to another. Seeing as I'm a basic, I get a basic rate per call. If I were a medic, it would be more.

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
Originally posted by Chimpie+May 4 2005, 05:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chimpie @ May 4 2005, 05:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-emtbuff@May 4 2005, 03:07 PM

Dang, didn't mean this to be confusing to everyone. Should I just delete this? :( [/b][/quote]
:blink:

Can I start a poll to see whos craving french fries right now? sorry, kidding.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Phridae+May 4 2005, 06:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Phridae @ May 4 2005, 06:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Chimpie@May 4 2005, 05:31 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-emtbuff
@May 4 2005, 03:07 PM
Okay I choose other because we are considered a volley squad but yet we get paid.  We  have some links through the City but most we are ran by our own department.

Dang, didn't mean this to be confusing to everyone. Should I just delete this? :(

Can I start a poll to see whos craving french fries right now? sorry, kidding. [/b][/quote]
you cold start it, then it would turn into a discussion if they are really french fries or freedom fries, and what if they are processed potato product instead???

:rolleyes: :lol:

Jon

rescuecpt

Originally posted by Phridae+May 4 2005, 06:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Phridae @ May 4 2005, 06:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by rescuecpt@May 4 2005, 02:33 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Phridae
@May 4 2005, 01:58 PM
I'm in a bit of a pickle myself. I am paid volly, but not FD. Resuce and fire are spereate here. Then again, we are a private service that serves the city. The city doesnt give us money for anything.  :ph34r:

By paid volly, you mean it's one of those "$10 for BLS calls, $20 for ALS calls" type of deals? Paid by the call but you have the option to ride the call or not?
No, I get one rate for a call, less if I dont transport. A bit more for a transfer from one hospital to another. Seeing as I'm a basic, I get a basic rate per call. If I were a medic, it would be more. [/b][/quote]
Ok, so how is that not paid then? Yeah, I know it's not full time, but there's $$ involved... very foreign idea around these parts.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief

Paid Volunteer?

Isn't that a contradiction of terms?

I work for a transport service that takes people from state to state. Like if someone from PA wrecks in CA; we go get them after they are deemed recovering and safe to transport. Or take people from nursing homes to other nursing homes. It's actually more needed than you'd think.

Oh look, they are drinking cough syrup on South Park. There's a new symptom we'll hear, Butters said it, he's "feeling kind of bowling ball-ish".

Now I'll have some freak claim that to get free drugs. Anti-Bowling Ball Syndrome Antidote.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@May 4 2005, 09:24 PM

Paid Volunteer?

I work for a transport service that takes people from state to state. Like if someone from PA wrecks in CA; we go get them after they are deemed recovering and safe to transport. Or take people from nursing homes to other nursing homes. It's actually more needed than you'd think.

Oh look, they are drinking cough syrup on South Park. There's a new symptom we'll hear, Butters said it, he's "feeling kind of bowling ball-ish".

Now I'll have some freak claim that to get free drugs. Anti-Bowling Ball Syndrome Antidote.
Ok.. interstate transport.. how does that work.. how far???

Jon

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+May 4 2005, 09:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ May 4 2005, 09:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TTLWHKR@May 4 2005, 09:24 PM

Paid Volunteer?

Ok.. interstate transport.. how does that work.. how far???

Jon [/b][/quote]
Seems to work out just fine. I always get a paycheck, although I don't know who the owner is. For all I know it could be run by the mafia.
HA HA HA That's a joke. Laugh. Don't roll me out in a ditch somewhere.

But it's long and sometimes boring. Thats why I only work for MEDTrans from late November-early April. They aren't ambulances-in the same sence. We have electric oxygen generators, no cylinders, lots of electronics and back up batteries to keep life machines, etc running. We don't carry resuscitation equipment. We only do "interstate" transports for those w/ DNR's; or who are on heart/lung machines-or what ever you call them, respirators, etc.

Legal? Must be, they have been in service for 20 years. The rigs are outfitted with a binder displaying all of the states it is licensed in, and complies with different codes. If they were on the exterior, there would be no need for paint...

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Most everyone knows this, but volunteer FD here with two BLS ambulances. We may be changing to a combination dept. in the near future with a paid ALS crew (probably contracted through a private company like AMR, but wearing our uniforms) if we can get the funding.

rescuemedic7306

Forum Crew Member
I chose 'other' cuz I get paid to provide EMS cover at work (tribal PD), I'm also a volunteer FF, and I'm Captain of the volunteer EMS unit (unpaid) and the volunteer Rescue Unit (also unpaid dangit!)

My brain hurts.... :blink:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
TTLWKR - my question was partially that, and partially how does it work - you you and a partner drive to California? do you stop off alsng the way to rest? how does THAT work?

Jon

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by SafetyPro@May 4 2005, 10:21 PM
Most everyone knows this, but volunteer FD here with two BLS ambulances. We may be changing to a combination dept. in the near future with a paid ALS crew (probably contracted through a private company like AMR, but wearing our uniforms) if we can get the funding.
There's a volly FD in Indiana that has two medic units. Both are staffed with at least two EMTs if not one Medic one EMT, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. They are the only paid members of the department. If the tones drop for a fire run, they take the ambulance and respond, do a scene size up and control the scene until another IC can take over.

scott-g.jpg

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
They look like ice cream delivery trucks. Like the "Schwans Frozen Foods" company would have. :p

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
HAHA They are a pretty cool dept. Their "area" is pretty wide open. AMR would take a day and a half to get out there. If someone higher than an EMT was needed they would usually have a meet up with them on the way to the hospital.