What kind of knife/multi tool do you carry?

JsonAre

Forum Probie
Personally I carry a Benchmade Mini Griptillian but I don’t own a multi tool quite just yet.

Let’s hear yours.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I used to have one of the original leather man tools and loved it. Lost it at some point and haven't gotten around to replacing it.

Trauma_Junkie

No rest for the wicked...
I carry a Gerber multi tool and a Smith and Wesson extreme ops folding knife.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I just picked up a leatherman at Costco this summer. Came in a pouch, with a light. I wear it on my belt every day (even though I snicker at myself when I'm putting it on) and I use it at least a handful of times each shift.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Personally I carry a Benchmade Mini Griptillian but I don’t own a multi tool quite just yet.

Let’s hear yours.

I have my pocket knife....no clue what brand. It's sharp and does what I need it to do.

TheAtomBomb

Forum Ride Along
I use a ton of different knives/multitools from ebay. All of the ones that I have have a seatbelt cutter, window punch and assisted open knife. I use them all the time, and if I happen to misplace one, I can get another for like 10 bucks. They all even have stars of life on them, not to mention sweet paint jobs.

Sent from either my HTC Thunderbolt or Acer A500 using Tapatalk.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
I use a ton of different knives/multitools from ebay. All of the ones that I have have a seatbelt cutter, window punch and assisted open knife. I use them all the time, and if I happen to misplace one, I can get another for like 10 bucks. They all even have stars of life on them, not to mention sweet paint jobs.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Benchmade grip in the pocket. Gerber flik on the backpack. RAT RC-3 buried in the backpack, just in case I end up having to do some unexpected camping

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I feel like a total whacker when I'm grabbing them in the morning, but it seems like the days I don't take them are the days I need them.

And FYI, I never need either my leatherman or knife for anything EMS. It's usually when something breaks at the station, somebody always says, "hey, you got a multi-tool?"

And also, to further assert my non whacker status, both were gifts.

OP
OP
JsonAre

JsonAre

Forum Probie
I feel like a total whacker when I'm grabbing them in the morning, but it seems like the days I don't take them are the days I need them.

And FYI, I never need either my leatherman or knife for anything EMS. It's usually when something breaks at the station, somebody always says, "hey, you got a multi-tool?"

And also, to further assert my non whacker status, both were gifts.

I’ve only ever used my knife for vehicle rescue stuff.

TheAtomBomb

Forum Ride Along
My seatbelt cutter makes a great mail opener... I only use trauma shears on scene.

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
I have a small gerber knife 3" that stays in my boot *ya, I know ricky rescue.. but Its clipped in the boot knife pocket real nice and its a freakin tiny *** knife, noone knows its there so no one teases me about it... but I'd rather not run around with a knife on my belt if I can help it* Other than that I have a pair of these http://bigshears.com that I keep on my belt, the best thing I've ever bought... and I have one of these http://www.surefire.com/6PX-A-BK I keep in a belt pouch, best flashlight period... thing blinds pissed off 5150's like you wouldn't believe... *yes, it's been used for that...*

Thats all I carry, we have glass punches and seatbelt cutters in our rigs.

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain

:rofl::excl::rofl::excl::rofl:

epipusher

Forum Asst. Chief

failing to find the funny in this post. someone essplain?

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member

I think these were the humorous sections. AtomBomb, have you EVER used any of these special rescue tools? Do you wear them off call, just in case you need to cut a seatbelt while out to dinner?

TheAtomBomb

Forum Ride Along
I think these were the humorous sections. AtomBomb, have you EVER used any of these special rescue tools? Do you wear them off call, just in case you need to cut a seatbelt while out to dinner?

As I said above, trauma shears in the field, seatbelt cutters are great for opening mail and boxes. Sorry for looking like a Rescue Randy, I guess.

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
Sorry for looking like a Rescue Randy, I guess.

Yes, extremely Ricky Rescue...

Nope, these were the funny parts.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Nope, these were the funny parts.

When I first saw those parts I was all like "Not sure if serious" then I was all like :mellow:

Anyways, I only carry a little Smith & Wesson 24/7 folding knife. I rarely ever use it on scene, mostly just at the station.