what is your trigger for runs

PapaBear434

Forum Asst. Chief
I have learned to never reference anything about it being a slow night. Anything like "Is it always this slow on Thursday night?" or "Wow, it's slow tonight."

These offenses are punishable by beating with soap-in-socks.

Medic9

Forum Lieutenant
Pouring coffee into my jinxed mug or sitting down to eat. For the longest time I was called "**** Magent", they even had a name badge made up for me with that on it. For my boss its washing the rig or taking off her boots. So when we work together, I don't use that mug, she keeps her boots and I we wait until the very end of our shift to wash the rigs.
And we NEVER say the Q word.

Rob123

Forum Crew Member
I am not sure what the specific trigger is.
However the trigger always occurs when we don't have a full crew in the headquarters to respond. :glare:

This is followed by the partial crew cursing as we call for mutual aid. ;)

(My vollie corps typically does not respond with our POVs from home and requires a full crew to respond.)

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Twice we went for pizza and never came back.

One call after another just as we picked the pizza up. Caddy's catalytic convertor kept it warm, even though it slid around a little.

Alexakat

Forum Lieutenant
...taking off my boots!

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief
It seems everytime I put food in the microwave the phone rings... also whenever I am in line at Tim Horton's it seems the tones on the radios will go off.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
It seems everytime I put food in the microwave the phone rings... also whenever I am in line at Tim Horton's it seems the tones on the radios will go off.

Mmmmm Tim Hortons...... mmmmmmmm

gradygirl

TROUBLE
Putting the truck into park. Apparently something about that "P" is jinxed.

Another one is arriving to the hospital with a patient. It seems like as soon as we are standing in triage or talking to our nurse, we always get a page for something else.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
These days........

Treating myself to a double vanilla latte from Starbucks.........and the tones start.......sigh.....:rolleyes: