what is your trigger for runs

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
Do you have a trigger (certain words, nap, bedtime; etc) that will trigger runs?

Mine is sitting down to watch a new, good movie. some stations I am at won't let me watch movies with them

Paladin

Forum Crew Member
Seems to be that whenever I get into a nice discussion with my pillow the tones seem to go off. Either that or standing in line for lunch waiting for it to be made.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Food, sleep, bathroom breaks, study time, do not want to run any call, ill, just got into bed,.. on & on.

R/r911

Epi-do

I see dead people
Taco salad.

I kid you not, every single time we have taco salad for dinner, we either get a run in the middle of eating or shortly after we have finished.

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Getting less than 3 hrs sleep the night before my regular shift, will ENSURE a very long shift with at least 1 cardiac arrest, trauma alert, or some brain tasking patient.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Someone calling 911 usually starts my run of calls.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Showing up for work. Being at a good posting spot (posted at the beach=run within 15 minutes. Posted on the side of a freeway where the only options are a 7-11, a Circle K, and a Carl's Jr= sitting for 3 hours).

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain
as soon as im about to doze off

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
We had a weird thing for a couple of months when people were constantly seeing foxes, and every time a fox was spotted we got a call within a few hours. It happened like 5-6 times.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Mexican Food.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
Mexican Food.

+1. theres this mexican place on center st in jp that i used to like to go to on occasion. without fail, about an hour(maybe less) after a meal there, we'd get a call.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Is it the mexican joint near JP Licks?

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
After waiting in line to get food for 10 minutes or so, as soon as I order, or as soon as my order comes up, I hear tones, without fail. It has gotten to the point that after a very slow shift, my partner will send me to get food because he knows it will trigger a call.

Also any time I am separated from the ambulance by anything more then about ten feet. It seems that whenever I grab the portable radio, I get toned out as soon as I am as far away as I am going to get...

NJN

The Young One
Doing something important like paperwork. We can wash the rig and station or kill time any how, but when someone starts to do paperwork or organization of the supply room. Boom were gone.

milhouse

Forum Crew Member
laying down in bed just having that feeling your gonna get a call as soon as you doze off. and after not being able to fall asleep after about an hour or 2 because of it you finally get comfortable and the phone rings you got a call usually at 2 in the morning.

or not knowing any better like i did.

waiting for a unresponsive OD coming in POV to the ER waiting out in the ER entrance for the PT and telling your partner that they should have called the ambulance since the PT is unresponsive. well i did that and after the PT got there we started working the PT in the ER and i swear not 5 mins into working the PT we got a call for an OD.

so for your new guys dont ever say something like that lol i learned the hard way lol. im still getting blamed for that call lol.

wlamoreemtb

Forum Crew Member
as soon as i get in my rig and headed out of town to meet my buds for lunch haha never fails im home for school and wanna meet with them and catch up and boom tone goes out

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Lately it seems to be taking my boots off. If I lie down with them on... no calls...I take them off, we get a call.