what is your trigger for runs

FF2EMT

Forum Probie
Soon as we wash the unit.. the tones start rolling...

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
The worst offender is showing up for work. Otherwise all of the above. Except Mexican food, we have no place to get it. Very few Mexicans or Spanish speaking people here. Maybe it is the snow belt or the underguarded border??:rolleyes:

daemonicusxx

Forum Lieutenant
usually calls/runs happening coincides with me reclining the seat in the ambulance. i can sleep in the thing all day long, as long as i dont recline my seat. the second you touch that lever, off you go. and its usually BS.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
Is it the mexican joint near JP Licks?

you mean over on south street headed down towards forest hills?

the one i meant is the joint on centre st a bit past the faulkner. it might actually be w.rox. its right on the line. yucatan tacos "mexican food made by mexican people"

JPINFV

Gadfly
you mean over on south street headed down towards forest hills?

Yea, technically Centre street, but the street names change so often out here it's insane. I the one road back west that changed names 4 times over 20 miles was bad.

I currently live out near the Centre St/JP Licks area.

aussieemt1980

Forum Lieutenant
Lunch / Dinner, no matter where in the shift I have it....

Grady_emt

Forum Captain
usually calls/runs happening coincides with me reclining the seat in the ambulance. i can sleep in the thing all day long, as long as i dont recline my seat. the second you touch that lever, off you go. and its usually BS.

I second that one, and its usually after an arrest or trauma pt where I just want to lay back for a few minutes to recover, and lately its been another critical patient right after.

TgerFoxMark

Forum Lieutenant
Eh, mine seems to be as soon as i want to start my daily workout. (lucky enough to have a small gym on station) usally 1-2 min into treadmill... TOnEs

milhouse

Forum Crew Member
well i had my first experience with this one on monday. we went for breakfast at our normal place we go to. actually the only place we go to unless its fast food. lol.

we ordered our food and went about our normal stuff talking and that sort of thing the food comes out. i get my fork out look at how good the food looks and we get a call. i mean it just so wasnt fair. we didnt even get to take a bit we just got teased and it looked really good to lol.

the PT could have waited to fall lol just kidding. :p we did go back and they brought us our food back out and boy was it awesome lol.

AJemt

Forum Crew Member
don't have much of a trigger for me (besides trying to eat hot food) but i used to have a paramedic partner who every time he heard the song 'don't fear the reaper' on the radio (but not if he played it off cd) he would have a code that day somewhere along the line....don't know if it still holds true or not.
also trying to pay bills or run errands....lol. (for the services that let you do that)

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
Well I found out my trigger last Saturday.
I was getting the reputation of letting whom ever I was crewing with, have a peaceful quiet 12 hours. But on Saturday, I hadn't even got to the station and I came across an MVA, that was the start of a very busy day!

Cheers Enjoynz

rescuepoppy

Forum Lieutenant
Signing in on EMT LIFE.COM seems to be the trigger for me lately.

aussieemt1980

Forum Lieutenant
Another one that I have had happened a few times when I was on call for rescue - the pager goes off during an interlude with my wife...

The old falling asleep one was good and probably the worse one is when some one asks "how is your day going?" and I reply "Great! Have not had a patient yet..." or the partner says "It is a very quiet day today..."

Some of my partners banned me from saying that it is a very quiet day, because within minutes the radio jumps to life...

paramedix

Forum Lieutenant
Usually making plans for straight after shift... oh yeah, let's get something to eat or actually sit down to have something to eat.

Recently, try to sleep and then...

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Ohhhh!!!

Just make a fresh pot of really good coffee..........sigh! :rolleyes:

rsdemt

Forum Crew Member
Mine seemed to be everytime our unit, wanted to go get something to eat.
It seems like everytime we tried, we would end up eating at the station. Or the hospital cafeteria.

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
All it takes is a phone call from my beloved wife and the inevitable question "so, are you guys busy today?". Lord knows I love her, but you'd think after 26 years she'd know better... :rolleyes:

EMTGUY12

Forum Probie
We have a kitchen at our station and I swear to got if I'm cooking steak...it gets about half cooked or I just get it done and WHAMO tones going off..

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain
My

Newst one as of Saturday is those nice few moments before you fall asleep, your eyes get heavier and heavier and than BAM...Beep Beep Beep Beep

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Pouring myself a nice glass of wine and sitting down on the couch with it! Tones go off before I get my first sip, every time!