What Happens Now?

SkyAce

Forum Probie
So I took my NREMT-B and confirmed online that I passed. Do they send me a Card in the mail? Or do I have to order one? Also, anybody in OHIO know this one. Do I have to apply for a EMT-B card from the State of Ohio>? Thanks any help would be great!

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
So I took my NREMT-B and confirmed online that I passed. Do they send me a Card in the mail? Or do I have to order one? Also, anybody in OHIO know this one. Do I have to apply for a EMT-B card from the State of Ohio>? Thanks any help would be great!

nremt will send you your welcom aboard kit in the mail. your wallet card, certificate, one free patch and some pamphlets will be in there.

cant tell you thing one about ohio ems.

OP
OP
S

SkyAce

Forum Probie
Thanks I will be looking forward to getting the info.

NolaRabbit

Forum Crew Member
Congrats on passing, S!

You should be getting your "big envelope" from NREMT soon. After that, check out your state EMS website and find out how to apply for your state cert.

The services that you interview with should be able to steer you in the right direction to any other local permits you may need.

Have fun! B)

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
It looks like this place has the "EMS Initial Application" but I'm not sure what else is required. I'd call them, ask what you need to do, and please report back to the forum for future reference. Good luck!

schwing343

Forum Crew Member
Im a basic in ohio, when i passed, got my nremt stuff, then the paramedic education secretary contacted me and had me come down and fill out an application for the state card. i had it in about 3 weeks

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Only a couple of weeks? Lucky you. It's a 90 day period from the time you get your "course completion certificate" until you get your State/County card here in Seattle.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
That's statewide. We tell our new EMTs they can't even ask us about their cert for 90 days.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
That's statewide. We tell our new EMTs they can't even ask us about their cert for 90 days.

Slightly ridiculous, don't you think?

I'm amazed that the cert process here isn't done electronically.

But, hey... it is what it is.

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm from Ohio. After you pass the skills test in class (NREMT + Ohio (intubation, ekg placement, CPAP, etc)) then you take the computer exam at VUE. Once you get that, your instructor will send in your form that yo fill out with his signature on it. Took me 3 days to get electronically certified and my card came soon after. Most places were ok interviewing me with my social security number and electonic verification and didn't need the card until the day I started.