What do you carry in your own personal belong bag at work?

Rsion4191

Forum Probie
Not in your kits or anything like that . What do you guys carry into work ? I.E. What's in your knapsacks or backpacks or duffle bags ?

medic417

The Truth Provider
Extra uniforms, under clothing, socks, bedding, computer, steel bow for exercise, and at least 1 book to continue staying on top of patient care.

I work at minimum 48 hour shifts.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Another one of these? Didn't we just finish one up a few weeks back?

medic417

The Truth Provider
Another one of these? Didn't we just finish one up a few weeks back?

I think search feature is only available if you've been here a few years.;)

ZVNEMT

Forum Lieutenant
usually an extra shirt/pants, box of granola bars, my nancy caroline medic book... the brady books on top of that because the caroline books suck... and a starwars novel.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Now...my retirement papers.

See my other threads.
Gee, a lot of people asking about kits this month.

When I was working street EMS, just a change of clothes, material to study for college (like I ever did that), something to read recreationally.

And mastodont repellent.

Twix623

Forum Crew Member
Usually bring a backpack with me to the squad, extra clothes, laptop, iPod, Purell sanitizer, a book (The Lost Symbol), an a folder for papers & such and other little random stuff.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Meh... Anyways.
Netbook and charger, Kindle, Zune, flip guides (ALS and pharm). Cables for Zune and Kindle and charger for HTC Hero. Metal water bottle, vacuum flask. I'm used to being in a bus for 12-16 hours. Never worked out of a station

EDIT: Also some jerky and granola bars

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
in my EMS bag, I have my dept issue jacket, helmet, wacker belt, leather gloves, scope, and boston leather style webbing radio holster. all this stuff stays in my truck 24/7, and gets taken with me into the ambulance during my shifts.

I also will take my laptop with me, depending on where I am working, and how busy I expect it to be.

VCEMT

Forum Captain
Adult magazines, tissues, Vasoline, and Food. Prophylactics if the night is slow and the massage parlor is open.:p