What are you thankful for?

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
So I am sitting here waiting for my wife to get home from shopping *she went at 4am* with her mom to get some good deals and I am thinking about all of the things I'm thankful for this year. So what are you thankful for? I would like to say that I am thankful for my health but that is a laugh. I am thankful for my family and my friends who have been there for me these past couple of months. I am also thankful for all of the wonderful people from here that have offered me well wishes and a ear to talk to when I need one. But the biggest thing I am thankful for is being alive. Hope you all have a wonderful and safe thanksgiving..

Travis

citizensoldierny

Forum Captain
Travis,
I'm thankful for a lot of pretty basic things I used to take for granted. Thankful to be home and safe on American soil in a free country with healthy kids. Thankful to have a roof over my head my head in a nice warm house, and food on the table. After that everything else is icing on the cake.

Btw can't believe stores are open for black thursday in your state.:sad:

OP
OP
E

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
Those are all good things to be thankful for and I am thankful for those also but here lately I just seem to think of the things i normally take for granted which are friends and family. And one of the big grocery stores is open today and they had some good deals on food and such so that is why they went. My wife asked me if I was going and I told her do I look nuts to you?

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Btw can't believe stores are open for black thursday in your state.:sad:

That was my first thought as well. Oh well.

I'm thankful for all of my family, friends - online and offline, and all the blessings I've received over the past year.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Most recently, I'm thankful for my uncle's really good death yesterday. If I was writing the script for my own death, it would go like his.

I'm thankful for my family and friends, and I'm thankful for love that spills out of my life from every side.

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
1. My kids are all home from the desert for the first time in a decade

2. I'm working today, but many wish they had a job and I have two

3. 30 years with the same woman who thinks I hung the moon

4. Decent health for being on the shady side of 50

For these things and many others, I am thankful...

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Brown is thankful for Mrs Brown because Brown loves her very much and altho we might have taken the long way and even tho they said we'll never make it Brown says we will show them.

OK its bad to lie like that isint it? :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Indy

Forum Crew Member
I'm thankful for the life God has given me, for his mercy, grace and forgiveness. I'm thankful for my friends, family, health, and talents/abilities that God has graced me with. I am thankful that I have the opportunity to help those in need. I'm thankful for Police Officers, Firefighters, Military Servicemen/women and EMT's/Medics.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
I'm thankful for the one who asks the question, and

,,,for a life that has brought me down paths that few will see
,,,to have had one central metaphor to work with that has allowed me to better understand the challenges of living (Yes, EMS)
...to have learned that there is only one thing; THIS moment
...for all the people in my life who needed me so much, they created me

lampnyter

Forum Captain
My pets who are my best friends, my healthy family, my own health.

OP
OP
E

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
Went and had thanksgiving with my second family *best friends family* who i've been a part of their family for basically 20 years and I havent spent time with them in around 5 years. It was so nice to see everyone and it made me realize how much I miss and love them

AustinNative

Forum Crew Member
I am thankful I began my sobriety three years ago. From the deepest depths of Mordor, I have emerged into the light. The old life seems so far apart from the new life that it sometimes only seems like a dark, horrid dream. I have a wonderful marriage, and will make all A's in some hard-*** science classes this semester after going back to school after 15 years. One of the main reasons I decided to become a Paramedic (long way to go still) was to do something with my life that gives something back to a society that I took quite a bit from.

I am thankful for so much today.

Wishing all the best, and a Happy Thanksgiving,

Clay

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
The roof over my head (the first one I can call my own too!), my other half, my mutts, Top Gear marathon Mondays, the 2nd Amendment, Sailor Jerry's, living in the most beautiful state ever and having a solid, well-paying job.

WARR

Forum Crew Member
I'm thankful to be alive, to think for myself and make my own choices, a supporting family, to live in a great country (not perfect) and an awesome :wub: