What are some must haves for your duty belt?

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Buckle.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Chest tube kit.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Bvm and CPR mask combo holster. If you use separate ones it takes up too much valuable space.

ItsTheBLS

Forum Probie
I like to have a second belt wrapped around my first belt for enhanced stability.

Usually my secondary radio is in it's case on my right hip.

My primary radio sits with my other equipment on my left hip.
This other equipment includes (but not limited to)
-Window Punchers
-Add on stethoscope clip w/ Scope
-Pen Light
-IV
-Trauma Shears
-Swiss army knife
-Flashlight

I keep my phone holder behind my secondary radio and it is always equipped with the AliveCor heart monitor attachment.

Finally I like to keep my fanny pack on the anterior segment of the second belt. This is usually stocked w/ varying trauma supplies such as gauze, kling, burn kits and a second pare of trauma shears.

Last edited by a moderator:

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
Shears and a 10ml syringe for valsalvas that's it.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I think Itsthebls is serious....

@op: Radio.

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Bloody hell, some of you sound like Batman :D

The most I will carry is the portable radio and pager along with a holster with shears, pupil torch and a couple clamps in it.

Some people carry tons of junk, radios, pagers, holsters, drug pouch, torches and all sorts, I don't see the point to be honest.

the_negro_puppy

Forum Asst. Chief
A map to show the (mostly) non emergent patients which route they can drive to get to the hospital with their self-inflicted and or preventable complications of chronic disease. :rofl:

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
A map to show the (mostly) non emergent patients which route they can drive to get to the hospital with their self-inflicted and or preventable complications of chronic disease. :rofl:

I laughed very hard! :D

Hopefully our new thing will prevent actual ambulances from being sent to these people so more time can be spent at the station watching telly and you know, going to sick people who actually need Paramedics.

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
Bat grapple
Bat-arang
Bat-gas
Bat-bomb
Bat-parachute

And one of those belt change maker for cab fare

Anjel

Forum Angel
My pants have a hard time staying up as it is. I don't need anything else weighing them down.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
I just wear a leather belt, nothing else. At one agency I carried my Narcs inside an old SPO2 velcro case I rigged to the belt. We had no where to lock them up and I did not trust anyone enough to leave them unlocked, so I kept them on my person.