Bought this for 3500 on eBay

Good deal.

WHACKER6FROMEBAY.jpg

OP
OP
TTLWHKR

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
and the guy I sold Whacker 1 to is selling it on eBay again...

Stripped the thing out, selling it for more than it's worth. Didn't mention to them that oil sprays from the engine over 50mph. :rolleyes:

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Sweeet :D

rescuejew

Forum Lieutenant
MAN, THATS COOOOL! :D

OP
OP
TTLWHKR

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
I have some photos of Whacker 1 before I stripped the interior out, afterward it developed an engine problem and I'm not equipped to replace the mechanics. All I do is re do the interior and paint. So it was not a useful car, and I sold it. I only took interior shots because thats all I restored, before and after is all I have to show to prospective buyers. I may be able to scan some exterior photos from my scrap book, but I don't keep all the photos on my computer. Take up too much room...

Whacker 5 was stripped out, repainted, refloored, Oxygen tanks were spun and drilled out - then painted, oxygen ports were pressure washed out, hoses were connected to a compressor and dust blown out, cabinet doors replaced, hinges oiled and replaced, seats were recovered with vintage blue (color) vinyl, replaced the cot w/ a Ferno 35-A, replaced the medical kits, and put in vintage supplies that I buy in bulk via ebay. Usually I just buy old first aid kits and lots and that adds a nice touch of 'time' to any ambulance.

7b_3.jpg

d6_3.jpg

Whacker 5

These hook belts on the roof can be pulled down to attack two folding stretchers to the inside ceiling and walls.

ee_4.jpg

Interior - Cot is a Junkin 'one man', funeral service cot, doesn't show in photo, seller didn't tell me either - that it was severely broken. Didn't lock in place, and the front locking bar was missing. It's a real chore to replace cot latches circa 1970. They just do not exist anymore, I started to just use a jig saw and put in post and wheel cups and add ten man cots.

28_12_s.jpg

Came with some crappy supplies, but I was able to salvage some.

1whacker5supplies.jpg

1whacker5suo.jpg

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I'll trade... you can have my 1990 Crow vic, I'll take a functional caddy ambulance.... :)

Cap'nPanic

Forum Lieutenant
Whacker,
You just sparked an idea for me.......

If you have another Wacker unit, do you think you could part with it and auction it off for charity on ebay?? Im sure other EMTs and Medics would place bids for the cause.

Im currently looking into an old Type II BLS unit to restore thats located in LR, unfortunately my finances wont allow me to make a purchase........

Just an idea, if you dont like it you can always come to Arkansas and kick my scrawny hillbilly butt..... B)

-Cap'nPanic

OP
OP
TTLWHKR

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by Cap'nPanic@Sep 1 2005, 01:26 PM
Whacker,
You just sparked an idea for me.......

If you have another Wacker unit, do you think you could part with it and auction it off for charity on ebay?? Im sure other EMTs and Medics would place bids for the cause.

Im currently looking into an old Type II BLS unit to restore thats located in LR, unfortunately my finances wont allow me to make a purchase........

Just an idea, if you dont like it you can always come to Arkansas and kick my scrawny hillbilly butt..... B)

-Cap'nPanic
I'd have to say that I'm not in a position where I could give away my ambulance. That would be financial suicide, if you will, for myself and my wife. I don't even sell them, unless I can get what I put into it back, and plus some. Since I am not officially employed after my Memorial Day accident, I use my sale of either vehicles or vintage equipment as a way of support. I also am only co-owner of the three caddy's. My father does the mechanical work, and pays for half of the cost of any worth caddy I buy. We own a 59 Caddy, a 68 Caddy & a 75 Caddy. We also have a 70 Superior and a 74 Criterion, but they are in DOA condition, and in a barn waiting either a lottery win or someone to buy them. I'd price them at about a hundred bucks each in current condition. One was purchased for 65 bucks from a guy in one of those towns hit by the Hurricane. He had a bunch of old cars, hope he was able to out, I don't know if he would have left his personal museum. :(

However, I have a bunch of vintage stuff at home, I think my younger brother plans to list a few of those items for the American Red Cross this weekend. Earlier today they had 'technical issues' and alot of auctions were not going through.

I do have that 'kit kopter' in the garage still, it's like a build your own helicopter - real one- at home. I'm told it's legal, but many accidents with them were fatalities.
Maybe I'll donate myself for two weeks?

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
First let me say those pics are very cool. :eek:

My wife came into the room while I was looking at Whacker 6 and she goes "Hey you need to buy one of those for travel" I was like "Great idea" but then I realized right now I have no money and even if I was rich, with the gas prices I couldn't afford to drive it.

I must say Whacker 6 looks like it is in very good condition. I like the paint on it.

Secondly I would like to commend Cap'n Panic for trying to come up with idea's to help. It is obvious that TTLWHKR was already thinking too.

If I could afford it I would have already headed down.

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
Love your new toy!!!