Westmed Ambulance Northern California hiring medics

Madball

Forum Probie
Hello all,

Westmed Ambulance is currently hiring Paramedics for our Santa Clara County division. If you are interested please feel free to PM me. Thanks!

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Pay, shifts, equipments, 911/IFT? Normal questions people are gonna ask, so if you can post here it will avoid repeat questions.

OP
OP
M

Madball

Forum Probie
8, 10 and 24 hour shifts

Mainly IFT, but back up 911 for the County. We get put into the system pretty frequently.

Not sure what you mean by equipments? We have brand new ambulances and good equipment on the rigs. The monitors are a little old but will be getting replaced very shortly.

Pay can be discussed upon applying/during the interview process. It's comparable with other companies doing ALS in the area who are not the primary 911 provider.

Angel

Paramedic
Pay can be discussed upon applying/during the interview process. It's comparable with other companies doing ALS in the area who are not the primary 911 provider.

So low 20s? I ask because it would need to be more than I make now to justify going back to IFTs, and commute. I've heard good things about the company though

DPM

Forum Captain
In Santa Clara 911 back up means you don't run 911 calls. The other IFT guys in that area are below $20 IIRC.

I haven't heard good things about Westmed. Read up about the Monterey County fiasco. They say they're a different company now, but they're not.

Mtnmedic

Forum Probie
Hello all,

Westmed Ambulance is currently hiring Paramedics for our Santa Clara County division. If you are interested please feel free to PM me. Thanks!
I'm interested...would like to know more. I'm new to EMTLife and I can't see where I can send an IM.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I'm interested...would like to know more. I'm new to EMTLife and I can't see where I can send an IM.
You don't have enough posts to be able to send a private conversation (PC).

Mtnmedic

Forum Probie
You don't have enough posts to be able to send a private conversation (PC).

Totally understand. How many will I need to do so?