We're Moving! - Must Read!

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
It's that time!

We've been using the same forum software for the past two years, and it's time we move from our current script to vBulletin (The same forum FireHouse.com uses).

EMTLife.com will be down for 1-2 hours on 12/11/2005 while we transfer to the new site.

The move is due to:

Security Issues
Our forum software is horribly out to date. There are several known issues with the script, and I think it's in the community's best interest to secure the site.

Functionality
vBulletin has a lot more user features and admin features. It is also the "standard" in online forum software, so most likely you've used it before.

Additional Features
We'll have chats that actually work, a "Who is chatting" link at the bottom, and several more smaller scripts that will increase the functionality of the forum.

I currently own three paid vBulletin licenses and one owned IPB license (the software we use now). They're both great scripts, but at the end of the day vBulletin has the features I'm looking for, and they're support is 100% better.

So why now? Because I've been meaning to do it for a long time but kept putting it off. Now is a good time :)

***As a member, you will need to reset your password after the new forum is online. Your member password in this forum will not transfer to the new forum!***

In order to reset your password on the new forum, you need to make sure your email address is up-to-date in the current control panel. Click here to check!

The forum site will be offline for an hour or two during the upgrade. We have backups of the site, and backups of the backups, but we ask that you please save any important pictures (profile and avatar) and/or PMs in case of difficulties.

After we move to the new forum I intend to run an ad campaign and start up several contests in time for the holidays. I appreciate your support during all of this, and if you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to post them in this thread.

I'll keep you updated as we get closer :)

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Dec 10 2005, 07:10 PM
Will I still get to be Member # 38 with 2,271 posts?
I'm not sure about your user number, but your post count will be reset to zero (I kid I kid, it stays).

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
LOL Matt...for a second there Jon and WHKR had Massive MI's.

That would be funny though.

But do you think we could handle another 4000 posts (thats 2000 each) of

:p

or

:D

or

:lol:

or

:ph34r:

or any of the other single smilies?

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MMiz+Dec 10 2005, 08:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MMiz @ Dec 10 2005, 08:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TTLWHKR@Dec 10 2005, 07:10 PM
I'm not sure about your user number, but your post count will be reset to zero (I kid I kid, it stays). [/b][/quote]
:eek:

<falls over backward, completely unresponsive in whacker shock>

That may lead to violence... I.e. breaking the computer, setting something on fire... or killing something.

DFDEMS

Forum Crew Member

As long as you are number 38 in the database when it imports through impex for vbulletin it should put the same, i.e. 38

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Originally posted by DFDEMS@Dec 10 2005, 10:34 PM

As long as you are number 38 in the database when it imports through impex for vbulletin it should put the same, i.e. 38
That's what I thought. Any tips for the move?

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Yea...Please don't mess it up. :D :p :D

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Originally posted by EMTPrincess@Dec 10 2005, 11:45 PM
LOL. :lol:

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MMiz+Dec 10 2005, 11:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MMiz @ Dec 10 2005, 11:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-EMTPrincess@Dec 10 2005, 11:45 PM
LOL. :lol: [/b][/quote]
<_<

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
We're moving in less than an hour!

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
I like it.

and, I got the first post in the new forum YEA!!!!! :) :) :) :)

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Umm...either the time is waaaaaay off....it says 911 am.....or my relief is reallllly late

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
EMTPrincess said:
Umm...either the time is waaaaaay off....it says 911 am.....or my relief is reallllly late

First message on the new forum! Welcome!

I'll look into it :)

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
The forum settings default your timezone to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). You just have to go to your user CP, >>> Edit Options >>>> Scroll down to time and date settings >>> Pick your time zone.

Also, this would be a good time to recommend that everyone check their profile and options information, as the system default has it set up to disable e-mail and PM's, along with the loss of your avatar and personal photos.

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
ffemt8978 said:
The forum settings default your timezone to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). You just have to go to your user CP, >>> Edit Options >>>> Scroll down to time and date settings >>> Pick your time zone.

Also, this would be a good time to recommend that everyone check their profile and options information, as the system default has it set up to disable e-mail and PM's, along with the loss of your avatar and personal photos.

PMs and E-Mails have now been enabled on all user accounts by default. Any suggestions on the timezone?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Well, aren't you located in the Central Time Zone? It could be made the forum default, and everyone can adjust to their own time zone if they so desire.

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I actually set it for the EST, but it didn't take. I'll have to investigate the issue after some sleep.