Went to Bob Page class today and let me tell you

Hockey

Quackers
this was the absolutely best class I have ever gone to.

All EMS people, (EMT's and Paramedics) should have to go to one of his speakings.

I learned and enjoyed more today (and it scares me, especially knowing what little lead II shows) than I did in Paramedic school during our "12 lead class"

Always had trouble with axis, and blocks until today. So easy now!

I have never done a 15 lead before, but from now on, if you get a 12 lead, you're going to get a 15 lead.

This most definitely opened my eyes more. I wish everyone could see this guy talk.

I work tomorrow night...time to have some fun :D

Scott33

Forum Asst. Chief
I have his advanced 12 lead class (went to his 'basic' one a few years ago) followed by his riding the waves capnometry class on April 1st.

Tough gig :beerchug:

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I would love to attend one. I love 12-leads, but I feel a little bit weak at them. I am probably gonna read his book soon since I am bored reading about Chemistry and Anatomy, lol.

MS Medic

Forum Captain
He was a speaker and taught three courses at the last state EMS conference here. He alone was worth every penny of the admission fee. His class has a section on rhythm recognition using MCL1 for those of us unlucky enough to still be using Zoll 3 leads

Epi-do

I see dead people
I recently went to a 2-day seminar with him. Day 1 was Multi-Lead Medics and Day 2 was Enhanced Multi-Lead Medics and Capnography. It was some of the best training I have been to in quite some time. He certainly knows how to make what could be some very dry subject matter entertaining and easy to learn.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I don't want to hear about it!

I would love to go to his seminars. Hopefully he wanders over my way eventually when I have some free time to spare.

MS Medic

Forum Captain
If your state has an annual conference, petion them to bring him in.

Anjel

Forum Angel
I was so upset I couldnt go. I couldn't find one person willing to cover my shift. Oh well.

There is always next year. I will know a little more about 12leads then anyway.

MS Medic

Forum Captain
Ugh, he's coming here, but I have to work every day he's here. So annoying!

Phone Ring: "Cough, Cough. This is JF. I have a fever and can't come in today." :ph34r:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I've been to his basic class x2, and advanced class + capnography x1. I intend to see him when he comes through again, because as much as I picked up, I know I could be MUCH stronger.

medicgirl823

Forum Ride Along
I've been to a few of his classes at EM Today and it's not only his knowledge, but his ability to draw people's attention in and keep it. I definitely recommend his class to any new medics or anyone interested in knowing more then what they learned in class :)

awesomemedic

Forum Probie
This may draw some hatred from the crowd and I am willing to take that seeing as how I am entitled to an opinion, but I don't think Bob Page is all he's made out to be. Was the class informative? Yes. Did I learn anything? Yes, that he has a book for sale. He spent a lot of time promoting how grandiose he is and how you have the opportunity to purchase his products. If you don't already know to do a 12 lead on every* patient just to quickly rule out some major issues, then you need to go back to paramedic school. If you don't already know that a QRS wider than .120 ms means delayed conduction and most likely a bundle branch block, then you need to go back to paramedic school. He doesn't teach anything you shouldn't already know and while he keeps it "entertaining" the show gets old really quick.

Should everyone attend one of his classes? Absolutely, CE is never a bad thing. But don't expect to walk out of his class and diagnose every MI you will ever see again.

*Stubbed toes probably don't need a 12-lead but it doesn't hurt and takes 30 seconds at the most. If you do one on every patient, you can begin to appreciate what "normal" looks like, although you will quickly find that a normal 12-lead rarely exists.

medicgirl823

Forum Ride Along
Not hating, but I recommended taking his class, I didn't swear by it or say he was the final authority. He's a salesman, that's his job or part of the charm and how he makes his money. In fact, he still talks about aVR as an indicator of proper placement when in fact it's just as important as the others.

"aVR is the forgotten ECG lead – some even suggest we should call it an 11 lead ECG. ST segment elevation in aVR is often ignored as just being a reciprocal change but does it mean more than that?

The answer is yes, but it probably isn’t as much of a direct correlate with LMCA stenosis as the cardiologist is stating. Some quote a specificity of 98% when ST elevation in aVR is also present in aVL. However this figure seems to be from several deeply flawed papers with small numbers of highly selected non-emergency patients.

The largest study on ST elevation in aVR found it was associated with LMCA stenosis when compared to patients with ACS without elevation, but nowhere near as strongly as previously suggested (14.7% of patients with ≥ 1mm vs 5.1% without). When LMCA stenosis was combined with 3 vessel disease into a composite endpoint (ie: the traditional indications for CABG) it performed substantially better – 55.9% vs 26.1. It’s a good indicator, but certainly not a done deal."-ST segment elevation in aVR.

MS Medic

Forum Captain
This may draw some hatred from the crowd and I am willing to take that seeing as how I am entitled to an opinion, but I don't think Bob Page is all he's made out to be. Was the class informative? Yes. Did I learn anything? Yes, that he has a book for sale.

Not bashing, just a question. How long have you been out of school? When I went to medic school, 12-lead education wasn't much more than a few hours on how to place it and how to recognize ST elevation. Not many years before that 12 lead education was the removal of the LP 10 and replacement with the 12.

My capnography education was self taught off the internet because it had just been introduced through out most of the countries EMS system the year before and still wasn't wide spread.

The appeal of his classes isn't that he is giving you some brand new cutting edge info but rather that he is packaging a class in manner that isn't the standard put you to sleep format.

MS Medic

Forum Captain
Sorry I left out why I asked the question. I asked because if you recently graduated from school then you might have had the luxury of getting better formal training on 12 leads than some of us did.