Way Better Than A Mock Crash Could Ever Be

armywifeemt

Forum Lieutenant
I'm not sure if this is the forum to put it in, since I think this is mainly geared toward education and training for EMS Responders, but this would make a great education material for us to use when talking to teenagers about driving safely. I know when I was in high school we had a mock crash every year right before prom.

The example made in this video is about texting while driving, but you could point out that it could just as easily happen to someone driving drunk, or just being distracted by their friends. It was hard for me to watch, and I have seen the aftermath before. I think if anything could get through a teenager's thick skull, this would be it.

It is very graphic, but I think if anyone is prepared to see this, it would be emergency responders.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=194482066843

Melclin

Forum Deputy Chief
I saw this a long time ago and if I remember correctly it was actually made for the purpose of scaring the turds out of youngins.

In what sense could this be a training video for EMS?

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
In what sense could this be a training video for EMS?

I could be mistaken, but I think you read it wrong. The OP wasn't sure if it was appropriate to put in the Education/Training section, because they weren't sure if stuff in this section is only directed towards EMS personnel or if stuff for the public can go here as well.

On the same note, I think the OP meant that this isn't for EMS providers to learn with. Rather, it is for them to teach with.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
I hate being mocked at a crash.

Hey, EMT's text while driving too!.

Melclin

Forum Deputy Chief
I could be mistaken, but I think you read it wrong. The OP wasn't sure if it was appropriate to put in the Education/Training section, because they weren't sure if stuff in this section is only directed towards EMS personnel or if stuff for the public can go here as well.

On the same note, I think the OP meant that this isn't for EMS providers to learn with. Rather, it is for them to teach with.

Precisely.

AHHH ahaha. My bad. That's what you get when you try to think after a day of study.

OP
OP
A

armywifeemt

Forum Lieutenant
http://www.youtube.com/v/NYTXjD_YOPk

Theres the link to the video on youtube. If you don't have a youtube account... well, maybe someone will be kind enough to embed it for me, because apparently I can't figure out how.

Last edited by a moderator:

mycrofft

Last edited by a moderator:

mycrofft

About the video and Tredegar

"In August 2008, a car crash scene for the short film 'COW' was filmed on the Tredegar bypass [18]. 'COW' was produced by Gwent Police and Tredegar Comprehensive School to highlight the dangers of texting whilst driving [19]. The movie was made available online and received widespread attention, featuring on TV news programs, in newspapers and internet forums worldwide."

"Tredegar has been used for numerous TV and film locations, including The District Nurse starring Nerys Hughes. In 1982, a televised version of the A.J. Cronin novel, The Citadel, was filmed in Tredegar, starring Ben Cross...Just north of Tredegar lies the Trefil region. Trefil found new fame in 2005 when it was used as a location for the alien Vogon homeworld in the film of Douglas Adams's book The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy".
(From WIKIPEDIA)

mycrofft

Hm no passenger airbags

Probably turned off to preserve their makeup..

emt_irl

Forum Captain
this was aired last year over this side of the atlantic.. i must say, it was intesnse for a tv advert, but got the message across.

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
wow, pretty intense clip. I am going to send this a some friends.
Thanks for sharing it. ^_^