warm pants anyone?

snaketooth10k

Forum Crew Member
I have been struggling to find a really nice pair of EMT pants complete with an assortment of pockets shear loops and other traditional bdu features. But I want them to be lined with flannel or some other warm material. The best I have found so far is a pair of 5.11 tactical pants but they do not have very many pockets and they do not have shear loops. Has anyone found my dream pants somewhere on the internet?

Epi-do

I see dead people
When I know I am going to be outside in the winter for training or the like, I just put a pair of underarmour winter gear on under my EMS pants. I have never even thought to look for something that was lined.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
When I worked in the arctic, I just wore thermal underneath and a nice pair of insulated Carhart Overalls.... :)

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
There's a sequence to follow:

1. Buy the longjohn pants, try them for size, wash them and try them again. Some shrink.
2. Wear them when you go to try on your prospective outer pants. You may have to "size up" the outers.

Make sure the cold weather pants combo isn't too warm to wear in the vehicle or the station. Consider not wearing upper torso thermals so you can get down to your shirts while in warm environments (but can't take off your thermal underpants) to cool down a little.

If all else is working but there are not enough pockets, consdier a vest or "bat-belt"?

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
I have been struggling to find a really nice pair of EMT pants complete with an assortment of pockets shear loops and other traditional bdu features. But I want them to be lined with flannel or some other warm material. The best I have found so far is a pair of 5.11 tactical pants but they do not have very many pockets and they do not have shear loops. Has anyone found my dream pants somewhere on the internet?

5.11's have 7 pockets, how many do you need?????????

Put your trauma shears throught the back loop and under your belt, it will hold just fine.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
the only "ems" pants ive ever seen that were really worn were ems turnout pants. globe or morning pride, i cant remember.

all ive ever done is put on a pair of under armour cold gear leggings. UA mock turtle, leggings, uniform shirt and pants and im sweating. i have to strip off my coat the minute im inside.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Ugh! I hate BDU pants. They are so puffy! We arent in the army, why do we need BDUs?

OP
OP
S

snaketooth10k

Forum Crew Member
5.11's have 7 pockets, how many do you need?????????

Put your trauma shears throught the back loop and under your belt, it will hold just fine.

lol. I like to have a lot of pockets for things. That way when I respond direct to scene I have some of the things I might need right away.

I think I could definitely corner the market for winter EMT gear. It doesn't seem very common.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Ugh! I hate BDU pants. They are so puffy! We arent in the army, why do we need BDUs?

Look @ Aspen Mills, they have a nice pair of EMS style without the puffiness and also tailor to women as well. The other option is to wear "pouches" which looks like repairmen.

R/r 911

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
Globe EMS pants.
Globe EMS Jacket has a nomex fleece liner (optional)

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief

FF-EMT Diver

Forum Captain
I have worn 5.11's but I prefer elbeco twill pants there pockets are a lot roomier than 5.11 you can find them at Gall's .com

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
5.11's flannel pants look warm. I just buy long underwear pants and wear them. That and long-sleeved underarmour and I'm good.