Vanishing Replies

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
I've had a few replies vanish. One recently seems to have vanished along with the thread it was in reply to (about biomedical repair and what goes wrong with our stuff). For us oldsters, with our fears about losing our memories, can you at least leave a "tombstone" or something to denote that the thread was cut, and if it is an educational opportunity, why?

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Hey,

We activated a system a few months ago that should automatically alert you when your post is removed, deleted, or edited. I'll edit this post as an example.

Did you not receive an alert for the thread you're posting about?

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Did not receive one for the post the other day. Received one for this thread. I'm still holding my Aricept bottle though and thumbing the lid.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Ha! Let me investigate. You should receive an automatic pm if anything happens to your post.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Yeah I had a post of mine go poof with a thread. No notice of any kind. Was kind of annoying.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Yeah I had a post of mine go poof with a thread. No notice of any kind. Was kind of annoying.

So we can try and track this down...

What thread was it?
When did you post in it?
When did you notice it was gone?

Thanks!

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I want to say it was in the education section. It was a thread where someone had two questions regarding when to start CPR and when to use a dfib. I replied since he at least gave an answer and was looking for help. It was earlier this month and it was gone the next time I logged in. I can't find any record of my post and that is all I can remember. Not much to go on but its what I got. All I know is when I refreshed my browser I got a message saying I did not have privlages to view that thread.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I want to say it was in the education section. It was a thread where someone had two questions regarding when to start CPR and when to use a dfib. I replied since he at least gave an answer and was looking for help. It was earlier this month and it was gone the next time I logged in. I can't find any record of my post and that is all I can remember. Not much to go on but its what I got. All I know is when I refreshed my browser I got a message saying I did not have privlages to view that thread.

That thread was moved by me. The OP had posted specific test questions, so the thread was removed per the forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

The biomed thread is still there, as are all of the replies I remember seeing (never saw a Mycrofft contribution in that thread)

http://www.emtlife.com/showthread.php?t=36509

That's the one. I had the first response. Well, if it didn't post and I didn't get a note, then I must have done something wrong on this end. "Computer error" usually means "user error". (I put "biomedical" into "search" and it did not appear).

Thanks. Thread closed. ( ;)

FlaviaSyday

Spammer
I was just wondering how to keep track of when people respond to one of my replies on a thread or just how to keep track when people respond to conversations in general. Is there an easy way to do this?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I was just wondering how to keep track of when people respond to one of my replies on a thread or just how to keep track when people respond to conversations in general. Is there an easy way to do this?

Very easy...
To be notified of replies to ANY thread you post to:
First, go to your UserCP and look down on the left for the section "Settings and Options". In that section, look for a link called "Edit Options"
http://www.emtlife.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

In the main part of the window, look for a section called "Messaging and Notifications" and the second option listed is "Default Thread Subscription Mode". Click the drop down and select which option you want.

Once that is done, you can go back to the UserCP and scroll further down to a section called "Subscribed Threads" http://www.emtlife.com/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription
There you will find a list of every thread you've subscribed to.

To be notified of replies to SPECIFIC threads you choose
When viewing the first post of the thread, look in the upper right hand corner of the post. You will see several option, the first of which is "Thread Tools". Click that and you will see an option to subscribe to that thread.

Viewing your subscribed threads is the same as detailed above.

ZombieEMT

Chief Medical Zombie
Premium Member
Is it possible that the threads and comments are just being moved?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Is it possible that the threads and comments are just being moved?

That is the most likely cause, and you should receive a notification when we move them.