unconscious person

OP
OP
A

AJemt

Forum Crew Member
Final DX

okay, so here you go.

During your assessment, as part of your physical exam in the ambulance, you palpate the pts abdomen. Pt until this time did not c/o any abd pain. Upon palpation you discover her abd is fairly tense, and pt cries out in pain when you push gently on her lower abd, and curls up in a ball (as much as is possible on the litter). Upon further question pt admits to having had abdominal discomfort off and on for about a month but has not seen her dr about it - she states that it had not been any worse than normal until you pushed and now she c/o pain at a 7/10. Pt is transported to the hospital with all treatments and no further changes in pt condition.

1) hypoglycemia due to lack of food
2) mild-moderate dehydration with some heat exhaustion
3) abdominal pain

A week later pt is released from the hospital with a dx of the above, dx for abdominal pain is Crohn's disease.

YouthCorps1

Forum Probie
SAMPLE history...blah blah blah...check ABCs, start pt on o2 nasal cannula at 6-lpm, get this girl in the back of the bus and turn on the heat at a moderate level just to get something through her. assess vitals and look for TRAUMA..(sometimes causes pale skin) then proceed with rapid transport

YouthCorps1

Forum Probie
and if patient goes unconcious, maybe start bagging her and get suction and AED ready, and maybe throw her in a HAINES position

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
this is getting really annoying

Sasha

Forum Chief
and if patient goes unconcious, maybe start bagging her and get suction and AED ready, and maybe throw her in a HAINES position

But what if shes wearing Fruit of the Loom and not Haines? :sad:

Sasha

Forum Chief
SAMPLE history...blah blah blah...check ABCs, start pt on o2 nasal cannula at 6-lpm, get this girl in the back of the bus and turn on the heat at a moderate level just to get something through her. assess vitals and look for TRAUMA..(sometimes causes pale skin) then proceed with rapid transport

I have a question... I notice a lot of your posts include blowing the patients nose out with HIGH O2 via NC, and turning the heat on. What is your fixiation with ambulance pt compartment temp when the NOI is not enviormental?

Sasha

Forum Chief
WHoa.... Totally didnt notice this is four months old....

Scout

Para-Noid
6pm is text book rate. same for 15lpm non rebreather which delivers 100%. Its the way o2 delivery is thought in FR books.

Where is haverstraw? is it cold there? Sasha your from florida allow for different weather:p

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasha

Forum Chief
6pm is text book rate. same for 15lpm non rebreather which delivers 100%. Its the way o2 delivery is thought in FR books.

Where is haverstraw? is it cold there? Sasha your from florida allow for different weather:p

6lpm is going to blow out your pts nostrils, I rarely see a NC set above 3lpm, normally its at 2, at least in my limited experience. Its the top end of the RANGE for a NC.

Scout

Para-Noid
Jonathan, when one joins a forum it is best to lurk for a while and gauge the tone of the regular posters.

It is NEVER a good idea to post personal information on a website you know nothing about or who is on it. I mean you age location mobile number, interests, IM clients and usernames,

My advise and i'm new here so, just take a steep back lurk ask questions, some of the people on here are VERY expiernced, and will help you alot. But spaming is not the way to get indeared. By all means stay enjoy the community, it will serve you well but be carefull

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
may i mention again that this kid is 15. no real training yet. no actual experience. thats why all these posts have no actual appropriate medical care beyond ems catch phrases like "sample hx" etc./