Trolls

redundantbassist

Nefarious Dude
It seems at this forum we get a new...peculiar individual... every month or so. They all start off sounding somewhat normal, but the more they talk, the weirder they get. Due to these users, I feel as though many otherwise intelligent discussions have been set off course by these trolls. Furthermore, the behavior between all these trolls has been very similar, prompting me to believe that one person is creating several different accounts that they switch to after being banned or called out for trolling. I am sure that the moderators want this site to be used for polite, professional conversation between those that work in EMS, instead of a source of childish and immature entertainment for these trolls.

I understand that there are trolls that lerk in every forum, as that is the simple truth about the internet. However, I have faith that the mods will weed out the trolls as soon as they become evident, in order to maintain civility and respect among the users of emtlife.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Thanks for posting your concerns.

Yes, from time to time there will be trolls that come to us. I don't believe it's every month or so, but it does happen. Every forum has them, but I think we do a pretty good job of keeping them to a minimum.

As you said, sometimes they are people who have been banned. Sometimes they are members who just decide to create an account just to have fun with you. We do monitor these people, their IP addresses, their service providers, etc.

If they start violating our rules, become a nuisance, or our system indicates that they have created multiple accounts (which is against our rules) we do take action.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
You are just messing with me now, right?

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Hey, it's better than me writing "right" instead of "write" when I'm trying to give someone suggestions on how to correctly write a resume.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
The system is not foolproof, but it is pretty good about telling us who has multiple accounts, so in that regard we have a handle on it.

I think it's also important to remember how many weird people you probably come across at work, this forum is not too different in that regard.