trauma

creative_soul

Forum Crew Member
Can anyone tell me where online I can find some decent real trauma pics? My instructor asked us to view some pictures to get an idea of what we will be in for, but I have not been able to find much. Thanks!:)

medic417

The Truth Provider
Ask your instructor. He should provide you with a list of sites. As this is a public forum it would look bad for us to list a place with gory pictures of some ones loved ones.

OP
OP
C

creative_soul

Forum Crew Member
Fair enough. I was only asking for educational purposes and did not think of it that way, I appologize.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Not a problem. Perhaps some will PM you a link.

spisco85

Forum Lieutenant
A good place to check are the publishers websites of EMS books. Some of them have lots of additional information including pictures

dewd09

Forum Crew Member
Always remember to follow the copyright guidelines (if a photo has any) when using images you find online. Just because they pop up on a Google/etc search, doesn't mean they're free for use.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Type in "trauma" in Google and you'll get all the pictures you need.

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief
The ITLS book used to come with a CD-ROM that included a "Trauma Gallery" that wasn't too bad. I'd check there. I also wouldn't spend too much time on this. Gory pictures can illustrate injuries better then a drawing, but without some explanation and guidance I think they're educational benefit may be limited.

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
lol...and I thought this was gonna be another thread about the upcoming show Trauma....

Yeah... google it or check with your instructors... its a good place to get the details!

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
And why did your instructor have you all look at pictures of trauma for homework? sounds like a whacker class or a mickey mouse course

ah2388

Forum Lieutenant
And why did your instructor have you all look at pictures of trauma for homework? sounds like a whacker class or a mickey mouse course

possibly because its difficult to replicate the images trauma creates in a classroom setting?

In the hope that itd help prevent some students from "freezing" on scene of a real trauma??

I dont think theres anything wrong with this...

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
possibly because its difficult to replicate the images trauma creates in a classroom setting?

In the hope that itd help prevent some students from "freezing" on scene of a real trauma??

I dont think theres anything wrong with this...

One of my instructors showed us a lot of seriously gruesome pictures for that reason, when the textbook didn't have any. I think it helped me get over my initial revulsion when I first saw a few things in real life.

JPINFV

Gadfly
With the right key words and Google Safe Search off, it really shouldn't be too hard to find trauma pictures.

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
One of my instructors showed us a lot of seriously gruesome pictures for that reason, when the textbook didn't have any. I think it helped me get over my initial revulsion when I first saw a few things in real life.

ok. good reason. i never really had that problem, i guess, but now understand the intent of the assignment