Trauma Shears

Status
Not open for further replies.

*MX-EMT

Forum Crew Member
Too Many

I go through about 1 pair a week on a busy week. Usually dont have a pair last longer than 2 weeks. The blades just get too dull after cutting through
10 + pairs of dirtbike pants and jerseys a day.

OP
OP
J

jackiefrank

Forum Ride Along
Something Else

Hey Everyone,
Thanks for your feedback! Keep it coming! Also another question how important is it to you when you buy shears (if you do) that the company is environmentally responsible?

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Hey Everyone,
Thanks for your feedback! Keep it coming! Also another question how important is it to you when you buy shears (if you do) that the company is environmentally responsible?

I try to buy only from companies that operate in a environmentally responsible manner. That goes for everything I buy not just EMS stuff.

MS Medic

Forum Captain
I have the same two pair I bought 10 years ago. I lost the black handled ones a couple of times, but fortunately found them. I've been using my red ones for 9 years. Much easier to find when you put them down somewhere.
Mine were made in Pakistan and have a large rivet head on both sides of the blades. Most that I've seen have a large head on one side and a small head on the other. Mine have never worked loose. Possibly because of the large rivet. Just something to think about.

I want to know kind you have that lasted ten years. How do you keep them sharp enough to use

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
I like poultry shears over the standard EMS shear. The straight blade allows me to sharpen the blades over time and gives me something to do on slow days.

And i also like PINK shears, i picked a pair of a nurse i was shacking up with 3 years ago. Shes gone, the shears remain, no one steals pink shears

SoCal911

Forum Lieutenant
Overkill

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332979005.545701.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332979005.545701.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 256
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332979064.359594.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332979064.359594.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 250
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332979083.998821.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332979083.998821.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 235
OP
OP
J

jackiefrank

Forum Ride Along
Survey

Hey Guys,
All your feedback has been great! We really appreciate it and you are really helping us get closer to our market release. We have created a quick survey that will take less than a minute for you to complete. Your survey is anonymous and will really help us get some finite numbers. So check out the survey, which is in the next post, and any other feedback you have please share! Thanks again!

Anjel

Forum Angel

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
lock.gif
lock.gif
lock.gif
lock.gif
lock.gif
lock.gif
lock.gif
lock.gif
lock.gif
lock.gif
lock.gif
lock.gif
lock.gif
lock.gif
lock.gif
lock.gif
lock.gif
lock.gif
lock.gif
lock.gif
lock.gif
lock.gif

From THE RULES:
Participants may not use the forum for commercial gain.

Because of the actually decent discussion, I'm going to leave the thread visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.